Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Maybe he's using this time to study and develop; getting a jump on things.

Theory Is It Though GIF by PragerU

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure if he just misspoke, or knows something and slipped, but Mike Farrell this morning referred to Cormani McClain as a “Bama commit” when speaking about their big recruiting weekend and the fact that he’ll be there this weekend. Again, no idea if this was just a gaffe or not, but thought it was interesting.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if he just misspoke, or knows something and slipped, but Mike Farrell this morning referred to Cormani McClain as a “Bama commit” when speaking about their big recruiting weekend and the fact that he’ll be there this weekend. Again, no idea if this was just a gaffe or not, but thought it was interesting.
network closing GIF

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Rumor is McClain is canceling his Bama visit,but will reschedule, if true, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing:dunno:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This kid is a way bigger get than any db. Just such a bigger need
As far as need on the field goes, yes; as far as recruiting goes, no. Pulling in a five star from Lakeland, who is the #1 recruit in the state and #3 overall would be a bigger deal and create “buzz.” It ridiculous that that’s important, but it is. It also sends an additional message beating out Bama for a player they really want.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As far as need on the field goes, yes; as far as recruiting goes, no. Pulling in a five star from Lakeland, who is the #1 recruit in the state and #3 overall would be a bigger deal and create “buzz.” It ridiculous that that’s important, but it is. It also sends an additional message beating out Bama for a player they really want.
I didn't mean to belittle what McLain s commitment would be. From needs standpoint, we're just dieing for a gamechanger on the dline and our db class is going to be legit already and we have some good young corners on the roster.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I didn't mean to belittle what McLain s commitment would be. From needs standpoint, we're just dieing for a gamechanger on the dline and our db class is going to be legit already and we have some good young corners on the roster.
Didn't mean to imply you did; just that there's "needs" and then there's "needs." If I could choose only one, I'd take McClain, and hope we get one of the other DT's giving us a look. (And yes, I know "hope" is a lousy plan.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.