Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Fletcher isn’t even that important. But the one praise I gave to this staff last years was not getting embarrassed by these decisions where we’re probably in a lost cause scenario at the start. We seem to be doing that repeatedly this cycle. Samson could be overrated, McCLain may not be that critical(given our DB class) and Fletcher may just be a replica of Webb with no speed. But we keep allowing ourselves to look like Miami is winning all of these contests. I’ve said from the beginning, a guy like Mario is what Smart I’d for uga. He doesn’t want to beat us. He wants to embarrass us and let the world see it. Napier did such a great job with perception the first go around. This year is the opposite. Same with Jean visiting the noles the weekend before NSD. When/if he flips it will be twice the damage than having never landed him in the first place.
Perception is important. Alot of these kids were never Gator leans. Only Rashada and McClain. (I may be wrong).

Most years I try to stay out of the recruiting stuff. It's too shape-shifting for me. It's entered a whole new realm of LSD tripping with the addition of NIL and the portal.

I put it right up there with tracking "climate change". :lol:

ESD will be here in a few days. I don't expect surprises either way.

A decent class, with some holes which need to be addressed by NSD (Either HS or Portal)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think we finish with a good class.

I still think it will never be enough for the Gator Nation.

We will still be very, very, young.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think we finish with a good class.

I still think it will never be enough for the Gator Nation.

We will still be very, very, young.

My goodness this is exhausting. He wasn’t brought in with the hope of landing a “good” class. It was supposed to far better. And don’t make it seem as if a Top 5-7 class wouldn’t(won’t be acceptable) or that 8-4 this year wouldn’t have been either. Stop moving the goal posts and making it seem as if the fans are wrong for some of the blatantly clear deficiencies that need addressing.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
“Never be enough”

We haven’t won the SEC in 15+ years. Wake up.
You're spoiled. We won our first SEC in 1984...kinda.

Unlike SOS and Urban, the shelves were bare/empty/zilch for Napier. What was left was empty calories.

The verdict is still out on whether Napier and staff can coach in the SEC. We know he can build.

That's why he's here.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My goodness this is exhausting. He wasn’t brought in with the hope of landing a “good” class. It was supposed to far better. And don’t make it seem as if a Top 5-7 class wouldn’t(won’t be acceptable) or that 8-4 this year wouldn’t have been either. Stop moving the goal posts and making it seem as if the fans are wrong for some of the blatantly clear deficiencies that need addressing.
You're right. This is exhausting.

Can we get through ESD, NSD and the Portal?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You're spoiled. We won our first SEC in 1984...kinda.

Unlike SOS and Urban, the shelves were bare/empty/zilch for Napier. What was left was empty calories.

The verdict is still out on whether Napier and staff can coach in the SEC. We know he can build.

That's why he's here.

Lol classic “we sucked decades ago so it’s okay to suck now”

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
To build back from Chump, Butters and Cousin Eddie is a huge task.

Napier may not be him but the structure is now in place.

Like Pell, SOS had it much easier following what Pell/Hall built.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I guess we can’t have opinions if we don’t donate millions. Shut the board down, everyone. Time to watch in silence
We can talk about it all we want here on message boards. That's what message boards are for. Having high expectations is fun. The problem comes when those expectations are turned into lofty demands but aren't matched with some kind of personal investment to help reach those demands. Get it?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We can talk about it all we want here on message boards. That's what message boards are for. Having high expectations is fun. The problem comes when those expectations are turned into lofty demands but aren't matched with some kind of personal investment to help reach those demands. Get it?

Personally invested = millions of dollars donated? No, sorry I don’t get it.

I’m not demanding anything lofty. Just to compete in the SEC. That’s it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Personally invested = millions of dollars donated? No, sorry I don’t get it.

I’m not demanding anything lofty. Just to compete in the SEC. That’s it.
Oh forgive me. I mistook you for one of the many Billy Napier has done nothing right since getting here and there's no hope for the future crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator