Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You're fushsing nuts!
If you mean the Anthoine Lott that helped us go undefeated in the regular season in 95 and win a NC in 96 Dean couldn't clean his locker without screwing it up and then tweeting about how great of job he did. Try Monte Grow or Will Hill or a few more that would fit in that category.
His take on Lott is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this board. That’s pretty remarkable for the amount of shyte that shows up in GC.

Last edited:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:shocked:

Don't hold back, not sure where you stand with "0". Just kidding!!! I am right there with you!

I have never, ever wanted someone to graduate or move on as I have Dean. Before Dean it was Antone (An-toast) Lott. He should change his name for Burns. Both those guys got burnt A LOT. Difference with Dean is he would act all world yet on the play he gave up a gazillion yards. Sure, great hit and tackle at the one yard line, but dayum MOFO you got burned for 50 yards.

Sad to see him go.....NOT!

Don't give a $hite if this belongs in another thread or if it has already been posted and I missed it. Just read this and had to post it. PRAISE THE LAWD!!!!! I'm pumped now fellas, no more having to see him get run over and be made a permanent part of the field. No more seeing him celebrate after he gets burned for 40 yards and runs down the slow guy that had no business burning him in the first place. No more having to see him make one great play only to be erased into the shawdorealm the next down because he just gave up another third down. No more having to see him get an interception only to see him get obliterated and be on the receiving end of the hit of the year from a WR and give the only take away he ever had right back to the opposing team, sorta like waterboy now that I think about it.

The best comment I seen about him, which just sums it up, is at least he didn't throw a shoe..................

Now, if we can get something official saying that Burney is gone I dont' give 2 mighty $hites were we finish in recruiting, we have won the offseason.

I swear to god if one of these MFs find a way to come back for another season...........

If ever there was a number to fit the player, Dean wore it, he was a total 0 on the field.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Some recruiting thoughts from the Donkey:

While it is a violation for a student to speak to a coach from a different school before they enter the Transfer Portal....

"Additionally, the proposal adds tampering with a current student-athlete at another school to the list of potential Level 2 violations, considered a significant breach of conduct."

LOL, what the **** ever. NCAA has gotten their TEETH KICKED in every time they tried to handcuff a kid to a school. This will be no different as we continue down this path.

They were literally LAUGHED out of court, 9-0 last time and they will be here too.

And they know it, at least their attorneys do. All the little low IQ Fooley types including that female AAD holdover from Fooley may not, but the attorneys do.

"Seems like the wild west to me. "

You mean the football players are literally like every other kid on campus? A kid on an English scholarship can switch schools with zero restriction other than perhaps having to repay any amount if he drops out of school.

You realize these rules DONT EVEN APPLY TO MOST ATHLETES. Only Div 1 football and basketball (I think). So it isnt anything integral to "college athletics" or "amateurism" even, it's just some schools, mostly the bottom dwellers who don't want the power programs to move away from them... like there is some (legal) compelling reason to ensure that talented kids are forced to go to directional Michigan or Iowa.

NCAA advancing these theories that they MUST handcuff kids to a certain school and MUST mandate that kids can't transfer and only 85 or whatever has zero legal foundation and is a clear antitrust violation.

Like 9-0 clear.

And most of these NCAA rules aren't even historical. 85 isn't even THAT historical. It's a recent development and will never survive antitrust scrutiny in court.

All this **** developed in the 80s. I read a book about Joe Montana and he said he was just one of SIX freshmen QBs at Notre Dame. Yet all you old timers somehow think it will destroy football to go back to the way it was before the mid 70s or early 80s.

9-0 in the Supreme Court.

Before that schools had however many kids on scholarship they wanted. Talented kids from Florida werent forced to go to Louisville or Eastern Iowa because Florida didn't have room on the 85.

85 limit is the next to go, book it. "Amateurism" or "Im oldism and want it like the 80s" isn't an actual legal defense.

And if you believe the only reason Billy couldn't even put a competitive team on the field was because 26 kids who didn't even play were no longer on the roster, then you understand why 85 needs to go anyway.

I expect Florida, UGA, Bama etc to have like 130 or more kids soon. Just like the 70s and before. Then we won't be heading into a bowl game with under 50 kids.

As for transfer portal, we will need to lose more kids. I think we are butting up against the 85 limit

Patterson wasn't a great loss. He isn't an SEC player. If we lose Jean, Im not concerned anyway. The offense plays 2 receivers like 95% of the time. We don't need a large WR room.

Honestly, Id rather see more TEs. We DO often play 2 TEs and are limited by our depth.
Donk needs to step up his game. That’s some boring sh!t.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
His take on Lott is one of the worst TAKES I’ve ever seen on this board. That’s pretty remarkable for the amount of shyte that shows up in GC.

Yeah I kept thinking he was going to correct that and say he was thinking of someone else. AL will always be one of my favorite players. His midair scoop of the fumble against ut in the rain and the TO in Jax just by themselves make him a legend. Four year starter, 4 SECCs and a NC. He should never be mentioned in the same breath as Dean.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Is this the pre-meltdown? Just trying to keep up with what level of outrage and angst we're in.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've always thought that the uglier the football player, the better he is. Hence, that TE we are luring from Stanford may be the next Tony Gonzalez.

I see he made a visit on 12/9. It sure does seem like a golden opportunity for a TE here at UF.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Jack Anders is withdrawing from the portal is what the streets are saying

View attachment 52519
relieved lauren conrad GIF by The Hills

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I've always thought that the uglier the football player, the better he is. Hence, that TE we are luring from Stanford may be the next Tony Gonzalez.

I see he made a visit on 12/9. It sure does seem like a golden opportunity for a TE here at UF.
The Big Uglies
hqdefault-1.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So now there are predictions that Nixon will be flipping back to Ucf tomorrow. We have a real chance to lose like 4 kids tomorrow. I have no idea what’s happened, but this may be the biggest disaster we’ve seen in years. And that’s obviously saying a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator