Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I skimmed through that article, thanks for posting it. Did I miss anything? I didn’t see Florida mentioned once.

Also, I can’t believe we are at the place in life of now putting a NIL Valuation with all these kids. It’s like we need a Kelly Blue Book going forward.
Looks like we have a shot at a 3 star OT. Otherwise we are the portal equivalent of Mr irrelevant.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He’s a fun story. Doesn’t make me feel any better about our production in the Portal so far.

If they give rankings when it’s all said and done, taking Mertz should actually give us negative points against our other takes.

I know, I know, Ox can’t wait until Mertz leads the SEC in every category and then I think we’re all supposed to cut our dicks off for some reason.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He’s a fun story. Doesn’t make me feel any better about our production in the Portal so far.

If they give rankings when it’s all said and done, taking Mertz should actually give us negative points against our other takes.

I know, I know, Ox can’t wait until Mertz leads the SEC in every category and then I think we’re all supposed to cut our dicks off for some reason.
Exactly just a good story, not a plan

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will give billy some credit. There was times during the year that billy had the offense looking really good. Outside of the Oregon st game we pretty much were able to move the ball against anybody. If he was aggressive for the entire game every week like he was against Tennessee, I doubt anybody would be calling for an OC.
Agreed….defense could not be relied to stop anybody from USF to Vandy. That was the 80% or more of this team’s issues with a good majority of the other 20% being Special Teams.

Last edited:

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
Mertz is a good QB with play action, something AR was not comfortable with. Mertz had 3 coordinators while at UW so I don't know that last years struggles were necessarily on him. BN loves play action and that was his bread and butter for many years. I said months ago the only offense that AR could understand would be Pistol or a hybrid but BN didn't go that route for some reason.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mertz is a good QB with play action, something AR was not comfortable with. Mertz had 3 coordinators while at UW so I don't know that last years struggles were necessarily on him. BN loves play action and that was his bread and butter for many years. I said months ago the only offense that AR could understand would be Pistol or a hybrid but BN didn't go that route for some reason.

Mertz can run anything we throw at him. For opposing defenses, it’s pick your poison with this guy.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I thought you guys were all in on Napier tearing everything down and rebuilding the program?

Will 12th ranked recruiting classes rebuild us into a top 5 , perennial SEC and NC title contenders?

Not unless Billy suddenly becomes a great game day, X’s/Os coach…or brings a few of them onboard as coordinators.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
2023 Recruit Football Team Rankings

We're currently ranked 12th with the 5th best class in the SEC. This is about where we usually land. So nothing's much changed yet IMO.

Bama with 6 different 5*'s. How is this even possible anymore? What are they paying these kids? And how is Deion going to compete with that kind of loot?

Yep. In the words of the infamous Talking Heads, same as it ever was.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a really good friend here that’s a Wisky Alum, Big time Booster and goes to tons of games. When he saw Mertz commitment to us he said, “Good luck. That kid is straight garbage”. I’ll take his word 10x over anyone here because he actually follows and pays attention to his team. Not some Florida fan who thinks he knows something about a Wisky player.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I have a really good friend here that’s a Wisky Alum, Big time Booster and goes to tons of games. When he saw Mertz commitment to us he said, “Good luck. That kid is straight garbage”. I’ll take his word 10x over anyone here because he actually follows and pays attention to his team. Not some Florida fan who thinks he knows something about a Wisky player.
'Course we had knowledgeable Gator fans who said the same thing about Trask.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Just you

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
None of this will be decided any time soon. Hope you all packed a lunch if you're going to keep this up until then

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.