Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I say this realizing stars aren’t everything, but I noted that our class is mostly 4 star recruits where some teams ahead of us have a larger class but a fair number of 3 star types. We have only three, I believe Tennessee has about 11 and significantly fewer four star types than our class. Our quality is so high, if only the staff is able to coach them up and coordinate all the talent.
This is what many have been saying on here a couple weeks back around the ESD and it was highly debated (I'll say it that way). When you look at it, Toothless has 12 3*'s and have signed 25 commits (+4 over UF) but heavy on the 3*'s. If you were basing the rankings solely on the player avg., UF would be ranked #7. And of those top 6, Boomer Sooner has a lesser avg than UF, so you could technically say #6. Mullet may have had some higher ranked classes, but he loaded up on the 3's and most of his players never saw the field or yet alone campus. I think Mullen's #9 class wound up being ranked around #38. His recruiting never yielded a player avg. > than 90.75. And again many of those players never materialized due whiffs, misses, and flat out laziness. On total players yes we are ranked where we are, but UF hit the one ask that I had so far was to try and hit >92 on this cycle. Also, we may see a couple of our players get their 5* as we get near the end of the cycle. Most importantly, get these kids on campus and in a uniform.

Last number I heard we are at 77, maybe now 78 with Jones on scholly players. Plenty left to do between now and Feb.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A bit of a project. Probably would not have signed if we hadn’t missed on so many others. High ceiling in size and athleticism. Weak on technique. But the staff is excellent on development so we’ll see.

His sophomore tape was terrible. Took a big leap his junior year but got dominated at FNL. Haven’t seen senior tape but heard he got better.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is what many have been saying on here a couple weeks back around the ESD and it was highly debated (I'll say it that way). When you look at it, Toothless has 12 3*'s and have signed 25 commits (+4 over UF) but heavy on the 3*'s. If you were basing the rankings solely on the player avg., UF would be ranked #7. And of those top 6, Boomer Sooner has a lesser avg than UF, so you could technically say #6. Mullet may have had some higher ranked classes, but he loaded up on the 3's and most of his players never saw the field or yet alone campus. I think Mullen's #9 class wound up being ranked around #38. His recruiting never yielded a player avg. > than 90.75. And again many of those players never materialized due whiffs, misses, and flat out laziness. On total players yes we are ranked where we are, but UF hit the one ask that I had so far was to try and hit >92 on this cycle. Also, we may see a couple of our players get their 5* as we get near the end of the cycle. Most importantly, get these kids on campus and in a uniform.

Last number I heard we are at 77, maybe now 78 with Jones on scholly players. Plenty left to do between now and Feb.
Perfect take imo on Mullen' recruiting. Signing day was optimistic but within 18 months his classes were gutted.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015

And the % that are EE so that was clearly prioritized to get folks spring practice reps.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
A bit of a project. Probably would not have signed if we hadn’t missed on so many others. High ceiling in size and athleticism. Weak on technique. But the staff is excellent on development so we’ll see.

His sophomore tape was terrible. Took a big leap his junior year but got dominated at FNL. Haven’t seen senior tape but heard he got better.
I'm fine with a few high ceiling projects, but I prefer they be the exception. We definitely could use some OL who can contribute quickly.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
pitts-gators.gif

Augments our depleted LB clan

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's apparently what has happened...Rashada is in town and isn't asking for more, just what was promised. At this point, if I am Billy, I gtfo of this place. We can argue some coaching decisions, etc...but if we don't have the money we promised a guy, then what the **** is Billy supposed to do?

Until ALL of the Foley-ites of the UAA are gone, this will continue to happen.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll tell you what was funny. The entire defensive coaching staff for Miami showed up at Lakeland today. And McClain didn’t meet them. He was supposed to meet them. He flew to Colorado instead.

Lol.
Yea, I saw a bunch of UF fans trolling them about wasting all that gas and bringing the whole staff up there
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator