Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
All this judgment without a trial, without a jury, without a chance to face his faceless accusers and explain his intentions. No one to accept his apologies.

He’s anathema, which means “without life.” Excommunicated. Shunned. Banned. Canceled. And he’s just a kid. Who can even help him?
U of F.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NSD is Weds.

How many silent commits?
cathy hughes millions GIF by 50th NAACP Image Awards

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Anthony Rubio on Hudl

He's not big but he's a talented and scrappy kid.
Didn't see it mentioned, but this is Marco's kid.

Anthony Rubio, a class of 2023 running back from Miami (Fla.) Belen Jesuit Prep and the son of United States Senator Marco Rubio, committed to Florida as a preferred walk-on on Thursday.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Anthony Rubio, a class of 2023 running back from Miami (Fla.) Belen Jesuit Prep and the son of United States Senator Marco Rubio, committed to Florida as a preferred walk-on on Thursday.

His dad is a gator.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

This is funny. I almost made a joke about this. Didn't have a clue that was his kid

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody has to feed the dumpers. They click, too.
I wouldn't have necessarily called it a dumper article. He's pretty fair. I didn't read anywhere in where he said Napier was terrible or he wasn't a fan

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Somebody has to feed the dumpers. They click, too.

I don't understand how anybody writes an in depth article on this issue without mentioning something about all of the variables which include a 2nd year head coach and NIL. He mentioned the portal but not the wild card dynamic of combining the portal with NIL plus an almost new head coach trying to rebuild a program in the midst of a meltdown due to a complete lack of player discipline and accountability. So there are no apples to apples comparisons with any previous coach at UF and even trying to pretend there is a comparison is shortsighted given the wide gap in circumstantial differences

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how anybody writes an in depth article on this issue without mentioning something about all of the variables which include a 2nd year head coach and NIL. He mentioned the portal but not the wild card dynamic of combining the portal with NIL plus an almost new head coach trying to rebuild a program in the midst of a meltdown due to a complete lack of player discipline and accountability. So there are no apples to apples comparisons with any previous coach at UF and even trying to pretend there is a comparison is shortsighted given the wide gap in circumstantial differences
You know I agree with some of this. The fact that mullen wasn't competing with a dickhead in Miami that was willing to spend millions to tank Florida's recruiting class, should carry some weight. Even though Napier has a bigger army of recruiters and nicer facilities. But I think his point he was trying to make was that from an analytical standpoint, we haven't really made any progress. Doesn't mean we've gotten worse or can't get better. Just that we haven't taken the big step forward, talent wise yet.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Will miles isn't a big fan

He cites some interesting stats, but why does it seem like there’s other data he’s omitting?

Example: how is it that we have mostly 4 stars and very few 3 stars - compared to the 50/50 mullen classes (we’ve even discussed dm’s 4*s were borderline 3*s) - and somehow we’re no better off?

He could be right, but I don’t see it. But yes, we’re still lagging behind several SEC teams…

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Doesn't matter, the results are the same. It's not personal. It's just data. Same input gets you the same output is the point.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He cites some interesting stats, but why does it seem like there’s other data he’s omitting?

Example: how is it that we have mostly 4 stars and very few 3 stars - compared to the 50/50 mullen classes (we’ve even discussed dm’s 4*s were borderline 3*s) - and somehow we’re no better off?

He could be right, but I don’t see it. But yes, we’re still lagging behind several SEC teams…
All that really matters are top 100 players. Like he said there's really no difference 300 and 400. There's a fast drop off from 100 to 250. After that there's pretty much no difference from 300 to 900.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Doesn't matter, the results are the same. It's not personal. It's just data. Same input gets you the same output is the point.

Wrong. An analysis that omits significant data and relevant information is a faulty analysis that results in erroneous conclusions.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think average player rating is something he touched on. I think his articles are strictly data based and don't always tell the whole story. I like reading his stuff I just don't take it as the gospel or as it telling the entire story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.