Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I have to agree with Renard to an extent about the offensive scheme. However, while the production on the field of that scheme isn't the reason we are not advancing, it has a lot to do with why our recruiting sucks. Top O players dont want to play in his system and it is obvious. I am not a fan of Mullen ball but I also won't ignore the fact that our offense looked well coached and was finally all on the same sheet of music. Its been 10yrs of just absolute misery of offense until Mullen got here and that probably has skewed how good it actually looks, but there were very little bone head plays nor stupid penalties like false starts or illegal formations. It was a championship level offense and it looked very well coached.

But the biggest thing that is holding us back is defense and it has been the exact opposite journey as the offense since Mullen arrived. The defense was a very solid unit when Mullen got here and now it is complete garbage. From the talent level we have all the way to them being clueless on what they are doing. Talent and coaching is severely lacking.

I can't get over Mullen retaining Grantham. It was the final straw for me. It makes no sense at all. Grantham sucks and keeping him proves that Mullen isn't here to get the program back. With the way the season ended, the drama created by Mullen, keeping Grantham seemed more like a stick in your face move to us than anything else. I could seriously tolerate Mullen O ball if the defense wasnt so bad. I used to be a Mullen pumper but that was it for me.

AGREE

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hmm. Interesting take. So you believe had Renard904 not been so enthusiastic in his post, he could've averted disaster.

Well, you have to remember - Renard904 is a simple country boy who got caught up in the high stakes games of defending Mullen and arguing w/ SwampDonk. His unbridled enthusiasm for UF football may ultimately lead to his downfall.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have to agree with Renard to an extent about the offensive scheme. However, while the production on the field of that scheme isn't the reason we are not advancing, it has a lot to do with why our recruiting sucks. Top O players dont want to play in his system and it is obvious. I am not a fan of Mullen ball but I also won't ignore the fact that our offense looked well coached and was finally all on the same sheet of music.

Agreed

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe tomorrow we could all pretend to be the average Cowboy's game attendee. Though I guess technically Cinco de Mayo was two weeks ago.

The wife and I looked up Cowboy tickets for this fall, and told her the price of the tickets alone. Her response was, "I'm not paying for that much for that dumpster fire, when I can pay less than a quarter of that and see Mullen and his dumpster fire."

You have to remember, this is the time of year we hang out with Phillies fans.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Retaining Grantham may prove to be a fatal mistake for Mullen.

Mullen has done a lot wrong here. Which is why I reacted to the cries about the offense. There’s plenty enough to be upset about without creating things.
The offense sucks unless mullen is forced to play a Heisman candidate passer by an NFL caliber offensive coordinator. Both of whom are now in the NFL. I don't create facts, just remind you of them.

And on the subject of reminding folks of inconvenient facts, there is also the oft forgot fact that mullen only agreed to routine vertical passing after succumbing to the reality that we had literally zero run game to rely on. Yet another reason why he sucks...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
after succumbing to the reality that we had literally zero run game to rely on. Yet another reason why he sucks...
going to have to find My notes now but I'm pretty sure it was Mullinz second best running offense. It shocked me too. it may have been the second most yards for a running back though rather than total rushing.

the myth of Mullins having a great running attack 10 year run of mediocrity at Cowbell is greatly exaggerated.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
going to have to find My notes now but I'm pretty sure it was Mullinz second best running offense. It shocked me too. it may have been the second most yards for a running back though rather than total rushing.

the myth of Mullins having a great running attack 10 year run of mediocrity at Cowbell is greatly exaggerated.

Sideway passess...running attack...same same.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

You keep notes on this stuff?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

There were games where we would go an entire half without a single hand off. And to be honest I was ok with it, since most of the attempts ended in a no gain or tfl.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were games where we would go an entire half without a single hand off. And to be honest I was ok with it, since most of the attempts ended in a no gain or tfl.
Are you stoned? We STILL ranl 55/45%. And half the passes were thrown 2 yards or less.

"Went the whole half without a run" :lmao2:

Hell if we got two first downs in a row, Dumbass Dan would run three straight options and punt fairly often.

Do you watch Gator football?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You keep notes on this stuff?
I was actually just comparing his pass to run ratio through the years but I wrote down yardage too.

The myth of Dildo Dan having a good running game isnt supported by reality.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was actually just comparing his pass to run ratio through the years but I wrote down yardage too.

I have no argument with your statement about CDM, I’m just a little concerned with the “notes” comment that maybe you need to spend a little less time on this stuff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Are you stoned? We STILL ranl 55/45%. And half the passes were thrown 2 yards or less.

Hell if we got two first downs in a row, Dumbass Dan would run three straight options and punt fairly often.

f80bb1b4969c1f4f85f0d40e7a15b124909b7d33.gifv

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

It seems we have a lot of Billy Mumphrey's around here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.