Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I was at the Dreadnaught final regular season game last night with a lifelong friend who is one of the programs informed boosters. It was Senior night and McClain was introduced with his mom and sister by his side, no father figure announced. My friend shows me a social media post where Cormani was commenting right after he committed to the U. Two things stood out to my friend and he shared them with me. One poster asked "why the U and not UF" CM response was "I got 5M$$$ reasons man" the second was a selfie he posted of his mom, sis and him and he had on one of those giant diamond studded gold chains that probably sold for $25K. So, it is what it is and if money is the driving force we won't get em.

Now during the game I saw something else. Castle put CM in man coverage on the other teams top wideout, a 6'4 200# plus lightning bolt. CM lined up in his face the entire game regardless of down or distance. Blanket coverage as good as I have ever witnessed in HS football. Brilliant ball skills. The receiver ended the night with one 19 yd catch late when the game was out of reach. I haven't seen a single Gator corner play even one play as aggressively as this kid played the entire game so I wonder if the scheme he saw on his visits made taking the cash a little easier for him? Our book is closed on McClain, he is as good as advertised.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
I was at the Dreadnaught final regular season game last night with a lifelong friend who is one of the programs informed boosters. It was Senior night and McClain was introduced with his mom and sister by his side, no father figure announced. My friend shows me a social media post where Cormani was commenting right after he committed to the U. Two things stood out to my friend and he shared them with me. One poster asked "why the U and not UF" CM response was "I got 5M$$$ reasons man" the second was a selfie he posted of his mom, sis and him and he had on one of those giant diamond studded gold chains that probably sold for $25K. So, it is what it is and if money is the driving force we won't get em.

Now during the game I saw something else. Castle put CM in man coverage on the other teams top wideout, a 6'4 200# plus lightning bolt. CM lined up in his face the entire game regardless of down or distance. Blanket coverage as good as I have ever witnessed in HS football. Brilliant ball skills. The receiver ended the night with one 19 yd catch late when the game was out of reach. I haven't seen a single Gator corner play even one play as aggressively as this kid played the entire game so I wonder if the scheme he saw on his visits made taking the cash a little easier for him? Our book is closed on McClain, he is as good as advertised.
Can’t blame CM for taking the $$$. However, I’m not buying watching PT’s scheme made it easier for CM to commit to the convicts down south. Btw, I hope someone in CM’s camp is advising the family on fiscal responsibility moving forward.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can’t blame CM for taking the $$$. However, I’m not buying watching PT’s scheme made it easier for CM to commit to the convicts down south. Btw, I hope someone in CM’s camp is advising the family on fiscal responsibility moving forward.

Me too. I’d be devastated to hear he blew it all on recreational drugs, cars and gold chains. Devastated, I tell you.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Me too. I’d be devastated to hear he blew it all on recreational drugs, cars and gold chains. Devastated, I tell you.
And I was attacked when I suggested he may not be a good fit for Napier

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
OMG a touch pass to the corner
Poor old Joe is lost in the threads

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
So...we still gettin errybody?

I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think Billy is a strong closer, and I think this class will have a good ESD and NSD.

We might not get errybody and obviously this class by itself won't be enough to close the gap with UGA but I expect it to be very good in the end and bring a much needed influx of talent on both sides of the ball.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think Billy is a strong closer, and I think this class will have a good ESD and NSD.

We might not get errybody and obviously this class by itself won't be enough to close the gap with UGA but I expect it to be very good in the end and bring a much needed influx of talent on both sides of the ball.
Think it will eventually happen. But the years of inept management and recruiting is going to take a bit to overcome.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Think it will eventually happen. But the years of inept management and recruiting is going to take a bit to overcome.
Yep, it takes time to rebuild a program that hasn't recruited well. Billy has his work cut out for him. But there's reasonable justification for hope that he's up to task.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, it takes time to rebuild a program that hasn't recruited well. Billy has his work cut out for him. But there's reasonable justification for hope that he's up to task.
:exactly: Yes.

It's an absolute Dumpster fire but yes, good indications that breaking the old culture is definitely being doooooshed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.