Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I’ve never felt this reluctantly excited about a top 7 QB, plus a flip. Why did he go Miami at first and what does that say about him (channeling @soflagator), but more, the fact that our big booster announced this yesterday suggests we just provided the higher offer of the moment.

I really hope I’m wrong and he sticks and is better than his JR year film. But, as someone who has been in the “let the kids get paid” group, this “commitment” feels more fluid/negotiatable to me than most.

BUT, what I like most has nothing to do with this kid. It seems we stepped up $-wise. Regardless of this kid. That is a great sign moving forward. Perhaps the most positive aspect long term from this flip.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Shock What GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve never felt this reluctantly excited about a top 7 QB, plus a flip. Why did he go Miami at first and what does that say about him (channeling @soflagator), but more, the fact that our big booster announced this yesterday suggests we just provided the higher offer of the moment.

I really hope I’m wrong and he sticks and is better than his JR year film. But, as someone who has been in the “let the kids get paid” group, this “commitment” feels more fluid/negotiatable to me than most.

BUT, what I like most has nothing to do with this kid. It seems we stepped up $-wise. Regardless of this kid. That is a great sign moving forward. Perhaps the most positive aspect long term from this flip.

Or maybe the better offer is a combination of opportunity + situation + NIL? Really curious about behind the scenes on the pitch.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow , was not expecting Rashada to flip to us, I guess that will push Stokes out. Need to close with some DL , OL, and LB.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe the better offer is a combination of opportunity + situation + NIL? Really curious about behind the scenes on the pitch.
I know on field results typically don’t play a ton into it, but you gotta think the sh*tshow down there is a factor. The game day atmosphere is a joke, as well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness....McClain dissing UF wonder if this might have an impact and we keep flipping? Flipping Rashada, especially from scUM is an awesome slap in the face to the Cocaines. If we could flip McClain that would be an emphatic FU!

But wondering if this could make him reconsider?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Awee...poor baby. Its going to be alright. You need a bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb