Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Quality over quantity.
The top classes have an average player score 93+. So that's the goal. We usually are around 90.
If your average is 90 at the end of the summer it is damn near impossible to raise it.

Listened to a podcast yesterday where Miles explained it. With Mullen's last class we were sitting at 90.30 on the 2021 class. Looking at this year and it is WAYYYYY early like Ox explained. On 247 wer're slightly ahead of where we were vs. Mullen's 2021 Class with only one signee. I think we'll be pushing that 93 area pretty close if not near than we have since Mullen/Mac. Loved how he broke it down explaining exactly what Mullen did. Loaded up in all the lower talent to fill up the class fast and no plan B's on the "must land" recruits. Typical of how his program went, Lazy. Get it filled so they didn't have to recruit and the coaching would outweigh the talent gap.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Didn't he use a stolen credit card to buy pizza at UF? $50K just doesn't go very far
His mom used to work in the Palm Beach County Jail, the old Stockade next to the fair grounds. Id see her around when I was visiting clients.

Very nice lady: Exchanged a few Gator chomps with her.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
There been a lot of noise around some high ranked kids committing to UF for the last several weeks. Now FSU insider Josh Newberg (who hates UF) has put in CBs to UF (with high confidence) for 5* DBs Mitchell and McClain, 4* OL Kirkland, and 4* Leblanc.

this means it’s not just UF sites blowing smoke.

Its been said over and over by several different sites that the commits will pop in April. That que guy said the spring game week might be the date. Im trying to believe, hopeful...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Its been said over and over by several different sites that the commits will pop in April. That que guy said the spring game week might be the date. Im trying to believe, hopeful...

An “insider” on On3 said the same thing.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Mullen was the coach, I rarely checked the recruiting threads because I knew I would be just disappointed. I did the same thing during McElwain's time here, which is when recruiting really began to take a turn for the worst. Mullen continued the decline McElwain started. Yes, I know Muschamp's classes had issues, but overall recruiting under him wasn't as bad as the next two bozos.

But with Napier. I'm checking this thread fairly regularly because he's actually trying to bring in top players, and so far is doing all of the right things. It's been far too long since we've had positive momentum like this in recruiting. I know some people are worried about the lack of commits so far, but I think good things are ahead. It's nice to have reasons to be excited about the future of gator football once again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For sure Nap ain't sleeping on the job. My dream is that sequentially signees will start a high-star snowballing avalanche uphill :confused: to the mountaintop.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Bryce Lovett is probably visiting again this weekend. It will be the third straight weekend. I think its for the food.

Bryce Lovett's comments after his visit today.

"I don't know what it is, but it's something about it that obviously makes me keep coming back."

"It's just chill, I like being here. It's close to home, too."

"We was actually talking about it today. We were fixing to set one up for June." (about his next visit)

"I have some OVs, probably like Louisville or Missouri maybe. I'm not sure about Louisville yet, still trying to see what I can do."

"They want to bring me in to play tackle, but I can play anywhere and they know that. So they said if there's an opportunity for me to play guard, they would put me at guard or wherever I need to be. They want to slim me down a little bit, cut some weight and put some muscle on."

"I'm cool with anything. I can play all over the line. I've been playing all over the line my whole life."

"It's obviously making it better, but I don't think that just that is making them better than anybody else, because there's some schools I cannot get to. So I can't just judge them just because I haven't been there, I have to see them for myself."

"Honestly basically just trying to see what it would be like living here for a week, so I can see what it would be like living here for four years. I've already seen The Standard (apartment complex players now have the option of staying at), that's nice. I mean I could live there now. It's so nice. So basically just trying to see if I actually like it for four years. And also just try to talk to as much players as I can. Because right now, I talk to Richie Leonard, that's my person. I want to like talk to more."

"He says nothing but good things about this new coaching staff and how they're doing stuff and how the new living's going to be. It hasn't been the same since the old coaching staff. He likes this one better. He's giving me good thoughts and ideas about why I should come here."

"What I ate earlier was so good, man. It was like wings, burgers, this pasta stuff. It's gas."

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When Mullen was the coach, I rarely checked the recruiting threads because I knew I would be just disappointed. I did the same thing during McElwain's time here, which is when recruiting really began to take a turn for the worst. Mullen continued the decline McElwain started. Yes, I know Muschamp's classes had issues, but overall recruiting under him wasn't as bad as the next two bozos.

But with Napier. I'm checking this thread fairly regularly because he's actually trying to bring in top players, and so far is doing all of the right things. It's been far too long since we've had positive momentum like this in recruiting. I know some people are worried about the lack of commits so far, but I think good things are ahead. It's nice to have reasons to be excited about the future of gator football once again.
Fixing the housing, parking and food was a big deal. How could the UF staff and administration ever think that the essentials of livelihood were back burner schit!!!

The laziness and arrogance is gone and now we can get back to being a great place to be.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
@GBHOR gave me a drunk! I thought the guy left the board. He's STILL the #1 Napier hater out there despite all the good stuff happening. He's one of those guys actually pulling for UF to do poorly so he can say that he's right.
Since I own property in your overly large head I'll respond, I support him because he's our coach but I'm not giddy like you because he hasn't done ****e here yet. Yes all the players, pundits saying good things, just like after every new hire...shocking some want PT and others want access. I'll reserve judgement good or bad until i see product on field, but you continue to felate away, XOXO

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Since I own property in your overly large head I'll respond, I support him because he's our coach but I'm not giddy like you because he hasn't done ****e here yet. Yes all the players, pundits saying good things, just like after every new hire...shocking some want PT and others want access. I'll reserve judgement good or bad until i see product on field, but you continue to felate away, XOXO
To act like he's ANYTHING like our last 3 idiots you have to be willfully blind. You hated the hire so you're choosing to ignore all the great changes happening.

Head over to the Ole Miss boards and root for your boy.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a one page recap of where we stand for us guys who feel filthy wondering what some 16 year old kid is going to do next year?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
To act like he's ANYTHING like our last 3 idiots you have to be willfully blind. You hated the hire so you're choosing to ignore all the great changes happening.

Head over to the Ole Miss boards and root for your boy.
Change is great no doubt, but I'll wait for results. Call me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator