NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Made the top five for Texas OL Connor Stroh and he scheduled an official. (Since that top five also includes aTm, Texas, and Arky, I’m not real hopeful.)
Connor Stroh, 2023 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

His comments about Florida making his top 5. That last point he makes...it hits home. Sigh.

"I didn't get as much time with Florida, but what I got from them I liked a lot. Coach Sale and coach Stapleton are great. Them having two full-time offensive line coaches is amazing. It provides even more options to choose from when you need help. Obviously, coach Napier is a great down-to-earth guy. I think he's going to turn the program around. They are brand new, and I think that's really exciting. That's part of the reason they made it too. Right now, the only way they can go is up."

By the way. He is going to aTm. He is a legacy there. Of course he is down playing it and keeping it cool so he can get as much bags as he can out of going to that school.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's pretty clear from this article that a bunch of you tightwads still haven't joined the collective.

The state of NIL at Florida and beyond | GatorCountry.com
Chicken or egg. I'd wager that once we sign a high profile recruit the collective will see an uptick. It's not exactly football season so a lot of fans are checked out too. Although a lot more can be done to get the word out I don't think we can afford to wait.
Some colllectives are signing deals and expecting to get the money later. But... and this really bothers me, for the size of UF we really don't seem to have a lot of very high profile alumni. People with 9 figure net worth's. Is it really that hard to find a $10 or $20M donor?
This fan base has been bitching about recruiting for over a decade. Time to do something about it.
UCF has a pretty large fan base too. And they are salivating to be thought of as a real football team. Would be shame for them to have a larger war chest.

Like NIL or not it is the be-all and end-all of football. The team with the largest payroll with have the most talent. If you're not contributing then you have no right to even complain.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can all band together and put our pennies together and still wouldn't be able to touch what these schools have that are getting backed by billionaires. I didn't think it at first but it really wouldn't surprise me if ucf was able to start accumulating more talent than us. Tradition, location and conference doesn't mean shcit anymore. Recruiting ability and staffs ability to recruit and sell their vision is now obsolete. It's all about the money now.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We can all band together and put our pennies together and still wouldn't be able to touch what these schools have that are getting backed by billionaires. I didn't think it at first but it really wouldn't surprise me if ucf was able to start accumulating more talent than us. Tradition, location and conference doesn't mean shcit anymore. Recruiting ability and staffs ability to recruit and sell their vision is now obsolete. It's all about the money now.
Yep, I hope it implodes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Think about all the out of state and even out of country alumni. They aren’t sending money.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The list I have shows you haven't either. Remove the log from your own eye before attempting to remove it from your neighbor's eye.

Brother OX that's a splinter from your neighbor's eye.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

That's exactly what they want you to think. :shakehead:

Otherwise, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator