Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I realize that’s not the issue you’re debating.
This is true.

Being a capitalist I don't even believe in the concept of a fair share.

When I see all of the whining and hand wringing over what is equitable -- regardless of which side you are on -- I just want to stick you all in a boat and ship you to China where you can join the central committee.

But that's really a conversation for a different forum. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here she is:

And the good news is you’re probably not going to have to fight anyone off.

Look at that face. Clearly she’s heard about alcoholica.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is true.

Being a capitalist I don't even believe in the concept of a fair share.

When I see all of the whining and hand wringing over what is equitable -- regardless of which side you are on -- I just want to stick you all in a boat and ship you to China where you can join the central committee.

But that's really a conversation for a different forum. :lol:
Who's paying for the boat? Not me.
Sink or swim.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I love how free room + board, monthly stipulation checks, free books, free tutoring, free healthcare, and free tuition turned into, "oh my God these players were exploited and forced to play for free." Add that all up and get back to me how much they were really earning a year to play; especially out of state recruits. On top of that, many of these kids had the opportunity to get a degree from a school they'd never sniff without football opening the door for them.

I hate the new landscape of college football. Yes, pay-to-win was happening before, but it's going to get a LOT worse now. We aren't going to come out on top of this brave new world. Miami has rich boosters who are all-in on buying recruits, hell overpaying for recruits if the $400k for a crappy 3-star rumor is true.

Billy Napier is making a valiant effort to attract top talent here, even dragging our administration to bring us into the current century as far as facilities and support staff goes. Too little too late, unfortunately. "Show me the money" is the name of the game now, and I just don't see our alumni coughing up enough money to compete with the big dogs. Just wait until the big dogs get their new non-affiliated recruiters set up *wink wink*. Whenever we do manage to find a diamond in the rough who turns out to be a generational talent, one day soon these new recruiters will be showing up to mom and dad's house with multi-million dollar offers to play for their school, provided their son simply uses that convenient transfer portal. We haven't even seen the worst of what's to come IMO.

If I wanted to watch football played by mercenaries, I'd watch the NFL. There used to be something special about playing for your school as a student, and cheering for your school as a student/fan. Those days are numbered, if not already gone. "Go Paidors! C'mon Paidors, get up and go!" just doesn't have the same ring to me.

What sucks is you get the feeling that Napier was absolutely the right choice, and along with the new all in one, he would kill it on the recruiting trail by his personality, organizational skills, and by building a top notch support staff to rival anyone in the country. But unfortunately what he's building is already obsolete before it's even completed because of NIL. Just look at Miamuh. That $hitstain of a program has always been about hookers and blow and paying top dollar for top thugs. They lost their way for awhile talking about scholar athletes and graduation rates while their W/L record went in the crapper, but now with NIL and a cuban coach bought and backed by a cuban billionaire, they are right back in their familiar comfortable environment.

For better or worse, other than the CUM years, we have mostly stayed away from getting down in the mud with the dirtiest programs. Now we are going to be trying to play catchup. We will probably be on par with the teams like Wake Forrest and the Tennessee's of the world, but I don't see us being elite in the NIL game which means we won't be elite in recruiting which means we won't be sniffing any championships. Our best shot is probably now while we have AR15 and elite backs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully some of these AD'S will wake up and realize that the fans hold all the cards. If enough big time programs wanted break away from this garbage and start a new affiliation, the fans and the TV contracts would still be there. I personally think there's gonna be some realignment eventually because there's not any way to regulate this nil stuff

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
What sucks is you get the feeling that Napier was absolutely the right choice, and along with the new all in one, he would kill it on the recruiting trail by his personality, organizational skills, and by building a top notch support staff to rival anyone in the country. But unfortunately what he's building is already obsolete before it's even completed because of NIL. Just look at Miamuh. That $hitstain of a program has always been about hookers and blow and paying top dollar for top thugs. They lost their way for awhile talking about scholar athletes and graduation rates while their W/L record went in the crapper, but now with NIL and a cuban coach bought and backed by a cuban billionaire, they are right back in their familiar comfortable environment.

For better or worse, other than the CUM years, we have mostly stayed away from getting down in the mud with the dirtiest programs. Now we are going to be trying to play catchup. We will probably be on par with the teams like Wake Forrest and the Tennessee's of the world, but I don't see us being elite in the NIL game which means we won't be elite in recruiting which means we won't be sniffing any championships. Our best shot is probably now while we have AR15 and elite backs.

I hope I'm mistaken about all I'm about to say, but I'll believe it when I see it. Billy Napier is a decent man who just found himself standing knee deep in a cesspool. Truth, justice and the "American Way" will get you laughed out of court (or a 5-star recruit's living room) in these days and times. We have an Eliott Ness in an Al Capone world - lotsa luck with that schytt. CFB is mortally phukked and there's nothing Billy or anyone else can do about. It's all about the filthy lucre now and we just don't have the skill set and criminal instincts to compete with the Jimbos and scUM of the world.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not knocking Billy or his principled, disciplined approach to doing the right things for the right reasons. Hell, even Steve Spurrier, with as strong a set of values and as much nerve as anyone who ever stood on a sideline would struggle in the fetid Bedlam of today's CFB. But despite the fact that we will never go low enough to compete with the career criminals we will be encountering on Saturday afternoons in the Fall, I will be a Gator 'til I die - championships or not. But unless the big boys start throwing money around at a rate that would make the Federal Gov. blush, it's going to be ugly, and I just don't see us keeping up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't take me wrong, I'm not knocking Billy or his principled, disciplined approach to doing the right things for the right reasons. Hell, even Steve Spurrier, with as strong a set of values and as much nerve as anyone who ever stood on a sideline would struggle in the fetid Bedlam of today's CFB. But despite the fact that we will never go low enough to compete with the career criminals we will be encountering on Saturday afternoons in the Fall, I will be a Gator 'til I die - championships or not. But unless the big boys start throwing money around at a rate that would make the Federal Gov. blush, it's going to be ugly, and I just don't see us keeping up.

Thing is I don't think "low" exists anymore. There are essentially no rules. All you gotta do is offer more money. Nothing illegal or even immoral going on.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Thing is I don't think "low" exists anymore. There are essentially no rules. All you gotta do is offer more money. Nothing illegal or even immoral going on.

I actually hope you're right. But do you honestly think we will ever pony up the BIG $$$ like the dwags, Bammers, scUM, ATM, etc., etc., etc.? I don't. And the fact that so many of the "blue bloods" have been at this crap for years or even decades imparts an advantage in terms of "know how" we will never match - even if it is legal now. I'm not throwing in the towel, but we'll be like the mom & pop legal weed store trying to compete in Sinaloa cartel country.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think the kids should have their masters' names on their jerseys. Be proud....I belong to....(insert business or individual). Forget that "Gator" stuff, that's not the reason you're here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But despite the fact that we will never go low enough to compete with the career criminals we will be encountering on Saturday afternoons in the Fall, I will be a Gator 'til I die - championships or not.
This is what I'm getting at. College football needs fans more than players. I don't really give a shcit who's on the field on Saturday, I'm watching. Idk why the NCAA decided to cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.