Glasses Wow GIF by Originals
Wrong color lenses.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How did Clemson have a good run with such mediocre recruiting classes?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How did Clemson have a good run with such mediocre recruiting classes?
Gamebreakers at key positions: QB, WR, RB, DL. The rest of the team makeup doesn't matter if you're filling with high-3 and 4 stars that fit your system. Clemson ran a tempo offense that emphasized scoring quickly and running a lot of plays. Allowing their defense to play with a lead helped their DL talent to shine. The back 7 on defense simply needed to stay in coverage long enough for their DL to get to the QB. Getting an early lead forced teams to become one-dimensional in an attempt to keep up. Dabo basically followed the Spurrier blueprint from the 90s; field a great offense that scores early and often and a defense that's good enough to get a couple of more stops than the opponent.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
We have the biggest support staff in the country. Georgia second and Alabama third.

We haven’t played a game yet. A lot of the support staff helps with nutrition, speed training, etc…

Cristobol has been sniping down in South Florida for sure. And I hate it. But it’s kind of expected. Almost every recruit he’s brought on he’s been recruiting for the last couple years. My biggest issue with BN Since he’s been hired is that he brought in virtually nobody with southeastern P5 recruiting relationships.

I’m not sure with OL. I’m not happy with the recruiting. It’s the same as it’s been for the last 10+ years. But they took really less talented kids on the OL at ULL, and turn them into draft picks. So we’ll see.

Christian Robinson was a good recruiter for LB but he sucked at developing them.

We’re only a couple months into a recruiting cycle for them. Even urban Meyer was struggling a bit in his first year and a half. Because he had no relationships in the southeast.
This is the way. Quality over quantiy— and shift away from the Gator dining Internet cooks/experts

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am just saying...let him get a few years under his belt...they loved the guy at UL.. Corndog fans weren't happy they let him getaway...and unlike past coaches...he's adaptable.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I can’t think of anyone I would have running the show at Fl. Napier seems to have his chit together, like he said we have to get this NIL figured out, I think he will.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think all of our problems are NIL,related. According albaverdie, on3 has us top 5 in NIL funding. I just don't think we added many recruiters that have been real active in the region or in the national level really. Outside of Raymond , Peterson and Bateman, I don't think didn't really added anyone that already had relationships built in the southeast. I think we're likely gonna have to make some staff adjustments along with adapting in this NIL world.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think all of our problems are NIL,related. According albaverdie, on3 has us top 5 in NIL funding. I just don't think we added many recruiters that have been real active in the region or in the national level really. Outside of Raymond , Peterson and Bateman, I don't think didn't really added anyone that already had relationships built in the southeast. I think we're likely gonna have to make some staff adjustments along with adapting in this NIL world.
Yep

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

This is the part that’s a little concerning to me. We’ve heard so much about the organization and meticulous way he approaches each detail. How did this happen, on the first go around? To be clear, I’m not down on Napier at all, and we could all be wrong when it’s over. The class still has the potential to be really solid, even if a little unbalanced. I’m just not as passive on the whole “staff adjustments” thing. Wasn’t ok with it during the WM, JM or DM eras either. Part of being a CEO is to make the right hires. I’m not even saying they’re the wrong ones. But I also don’t see it as casually if in fact we’ve made poor supporting cast hires.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the part that’s a little concerning to me. We’ve heard so much about the organization and meticulous way he approaches each detail. How did this happen, on the first go around? To be clear, I’m not down on Napier at all, and we could all be wrong when it’s over. The class still has the potential to be really solid, even if a little unbalanced. I’m just not as passive on the whole “staff adjustments” thing. Wasn’t ok with it during the WM, JM or DM eras either. Part of being a CEO is to make the right hires. I’m not even saying they’re the wrong ones. But I also don’t see it as casually if in fact we’ve made poor supporting cast hires.

I look at Jim McElwain's class going into his last season. it took a few cycles but he finally hired a few studs we had #1 recruiting class going into that season. Obviously we all knew that class wasn't going to stick , mainly because he refused to fire Doug nussmeier, focked the qb position totally and didn't recruit worth a shcit the 2 previous cycles.
So that's probably why I'm so passive about it. If we can bring a balanced class that hovers around the top 10 and be competitive on the field, I could us eventually turning the corner in recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.