Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4* DL Kelby Collins chooses Aug 13th. He’s down to UF and Bama.

Of note:

1. He goes to school in Bama
2. He really really likes our coaching staff

1659701702093.png

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J, would love to have him. How is he stacking up against what Bama has as far as DL croots?
Bama is fighting for him. Really wants him.

But as for Bama, they’re Bama. They are absolutely slaying on the trail right now. Funny thing is they went into Georgia and pulled like the top 4 recruits from Georgia. Just ripped them away from the dwags.

Even though Saban bitched about A&M, he may have his best recruiting class EVER this year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is fighting for him. Really wants him.

But as for Bama, they’re Bama. They are absolutely slaying on the trail right now. Funny thing is they went into Georgia and pulled like the top 4 recruits from Georgia. Just ripped them away from the dwags.

Even though Saban bitched about A&M, he may have his best recruiting class EVER this year.
Is this mack Wilson 2 0?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Its really looking like everything is going to be solid...except for OL and LB. Hopefully that turns around soon.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We’ll have 14 bodies on OL next spring before any additions. But the classes are uneven and like DT few will have meaningful snaps/experience. I’d like to see 4-5 quality OL in this class to build quality depth.

Agree with you on LB. it’s gone from 3-4 on the field to 2-3.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

What gives me confidence with the OL is that it would be the only area to this point of which Napier would’ve completely lost sight. As has been discussed at length, he’s detail oriented and meticulous. If we’re not getting it done via recruiting, it makes me wonder if they’re playing the portal in the short game, focusing on ‘24 and we’ll have an influx before it gets to that point. Even if I haven’t always agreed with everything he’s done, he’s been decisive and focused on his vision. Can’t imagine that somehow he’d just overlook a problem along the OL. I feel like we’ll be ok there, even if not as good as other areas.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What gives me confidence with the OL is that it would be the only area to this point of which Napier would’ve completely lost sight. As has been discussed at length, he’s detail oriented and meticulous. If we’re not getting it done via recruiting, it makes me wonder if they’re playing the portal in the short game, focusing on ‘24 and we’ll have an influx before it gets to that point. Even if I haven’t always agreed with everything he’s done, he’s been decisive and focused on his vision. Can’t imagine that somehow he’d just overlook a problem along the OL. I feel like we’ll be ok there, even if not as good as other areas.
I read on TOS that OL is a problem in Florida high schools this year. No really good talent. And it’s even worse next year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yep. He’s not overlooking anything. OL has been a point of emphasis. He made a big deal out of staffing 2 position coaches (as though we haven’t seen that) including Sale with NFL coaching experience and Stapleton played in the NFL. We’re all thrilled to have Mike Pete back home and Batemen looks to be a solid coach.

Pickings are getting slim. We have a few possibilities and maybe we get a flip or 2. But it’s not from lack of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb