Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I weighed when I entered the Navy at 21 years old. By the time I finished boot camp they had me up to 145. Maybe Billy should send him to boot camp before allowing him on campus.

He’s really 6’4, 215lbs

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he'd fit in more at UToothless with that frame. More Tyler Bray-ish.

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone thinking the new regime was gonna turn it around in a season or two is gonna be disappointed. I love the new direction, the new approach to building a better overall football operation, the focus on recruiting, but let’s be honest. The recruiting tree isn’t bearing any fruit yet. It will. You have to start getting the 5 stars to visit before they start signing, and at least the elite prospects are beginning to at least show interest.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Anyone thinking the new regime was gonna turn it around in a season or two is gonna be disappointed. I love the new direction, the new approach to building a better overall football operation, the focus on recruiting, but let’s be honest. The recruiting tree isn’t bearing any fruit yet. It will. You have to start getting the 5 stars to visit before they start signing, and at least the elite prospects are beginning to at least show interest.

This...And unlike in past years, 4+ and 5* are at least visiting. I bet if Mullen were here the Manning's would not have given UF the time of day. I do agree with OX, we don't need to pine over Arch but the fact that he is coming speaks volumes. And Napier want's everyone to see what he is building.

Now if he (Napier) could just get "Gator Bait" back on campus he'd be doing something.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
This...And unlike in past years, 4+ and 5* are at least visiting. I bet if Mullen were here the Manning's would not have given UF the time of day. I do agree with OX, we don't need to pine over Arch but the fact that he is coming speaks volumes. And Napier want's everyone to see what he is building.

Now if he (Napier) could just get "Gator Bait" back on campus he'd be doing something.
Good points. He has already landed more kids from IMG than all the previous coaches combined and seems to be doing his best at turning IMG into a Gator pipeline. We are at least in the running or in the discussion with the big time 4 & 5 star kids. It's enough to give the fan base a little bit of confidence when it comes to the recruiting aspect.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

It is May so calm your titties with the this year is gonna be disappointing. This is a solid OT who has good tape and measurements. I am a believer in stars matter but when it comes to OL I am more of a believer in good tape, measurements and a lot of of them.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You believe in stars until it’s our guy, then you look at the measurements. We beat out Mizzou and Louisville to get this diamond in the rough. #crushingit

Think on this:

Look what Napier did with the leftovers at ULL. Look what Mullen did with Trask...enough said.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You believe in stars until it’s our guy, then you look at the measurements. We beat out Mizzou and Louisville to get this diamond in the rough. #crushingit

Nope...not what I said at all. I said I believe in stars except when it comes to OL, not when it becomes our guy. Go back and read it again if you don't believe me. Every OL recruit is a project that takes a couple years to see the results. We also beat out Arkansas and Kentucky for Lovett and his brother plays for mizzou. Keep crying about it if you want but I really dont think this is a guy to cry over.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nope...not what I said at all. I said I believe in stars except when it comes to OL, not when it becomes our guy. Go back and read it again if you don't believe me. Every OL recruit is a project that takes a couple years to see the results. We also beat out Arkansas and Kentucky for Lovett and his brother plays for mizzou. Keep crying about it if you want but I really dont think this is a guy to cry over.

Size, power, quicks, and continues to move his feet after contact. His technique is raw, but that's what coaching is for. I understand why he got a look based on his motor alone. Could be a nasty road grader for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.