Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I read on TOS that OL is a problem in Florida high schools this year. No really good talent. And it’s even worse next year.
Assuming this is accurate, why is this the case? I’m sure the state of Florida has as many, or more, big athletic kids as any other state. Florida seems to put out a bunch of blue chip WRs, DBs, & RBs every year; why is OL not the same?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Here is the "OL Theory" I'm going with for now in order to keep some sanity....

Perhaps, maybe, just MAYBE, there is actually enough basic, raw talent in the roster we have and perhaps, maybe, just MAYBE, the change in coaching let alone adding two position coaches might be enough for now... I mean for Christ's sake, DELANCE is on an NFL roster (at least still for now, we'll check back in a month, but it won't matter then because the real football season will have started).

That's my theory. Yes, it's fragile, but so is my UF football PTSD Stockholm Syndrome psyche, so, PLEASE DON'T FUK WITH MY THEORY OR PSYCHE!!!!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the "OL Theory" I'm going with for now in order to keep some sanity....

Perhaps, maybe, just MAYBE, there is actually enough basic, raw talent in the roster we have and perhaps, maybe, just MAYBE, the change in coaching let alone adding two position coaches might be enough for now... I mean for Christ's sake, DELANCE is on an NFL roster (at least still for now, we'll check back in a month, but it won't matter then because the real football season will have started).

That's my theory. Yes, it's fragile, but so is my UF football PTSD Stockholm Syndrome psyche, so, PLEASE DON'T FUK WITH MY THEORY OR PSYCHE!!!!!
Korean Drama Netflix GIF by The Swoon

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What gives me confidence with the OL is that it would be the only area to this point of which Napier would’ve completely lost sight. As has been discussed at length, he’s detail oriented and meticulous. If we’re not getting it done via recruiting, it makes me wonder if they’re playing the portal in the short game, focusing on ‘24 and we’ll have an influx before it gets to that point. Even if I haven’t always agreed with everything he’s done, he’s been decisive and focused on his vision. Can’t imagine that somehow he’d just overlook a problem along the OL. I feel like we’ll be ok there, even if not as good as other areas.
Just to piggy back off of this. I think we'll have 14 scholarship olinemen going to next year and say we sign 3 or 4 this year. That's alot of bodies to work with. Surely we can build off of that

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just to piggy back off of this. I think we'll have 14 scholarship olinemen going to next year and say we sign 3 or 4 this year. That's alot of bodies to work with. Surely we can build off of that

Still think we’ll need the portal, probably for a bulk of the starters in 24/25. If what was posted is true about the Florida high schools not putting out great linemen right now, there are some things that are just unfortunate situations BN inherited. I do agree though that we will have to make recruiting changes at those positions most likely.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I piggybacked your mother last night into this morning

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Sounds like the 411 on Dijon Johnson is he wants to take more visits and OSU said no. He might not have a committable offer to them anymore, not sure. It also sounds like we are 2nd choice but because of personal things going on in his life that wasn't present a few weeks ago, we might be his top choice now but he still wants to take some visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb