Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Now...we gotta keep em committed until they sign and play good football. As far as the recruiting side, I think we are back. Its going to take a some time but being able to coach is what will truly get us back.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Now...we gotta keep em committed until they sign and play good football. As far as the recruiting side, I think we are back. Its going to take a some time but being able to coach is what will truly get us back.
We all know that's true, every school goes through that part. But, this staff has covered a huge amount of territory in a short period of time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
As to the numbers, I don't really know tbh. We have no counters anymore but we still got the 85 cap. Im not sure where our 85 line puts us with how many we can take but I do get the feeling that this staff will have no problem processing kids. We need some OL and LBs along with finishing out our DB class with Cormani. You also got to think the staff will leave room for some transfers. If the smoke about Perkins wanting out of lswho and into Florida is accurate then thats a spot they'd need to account for as well (not saying that is gospel, just an example of something Im sure they are 'working').

Its a new world...going to have to see how this all plays out.
Well said.

There is always attrition due to medical, academic and other reasons. It’s too early to put a fine point on who they will need to process next summer. But process is the right word since failure to follow their process led them to show several the door this summer. Always find room for elite talent that buys into your system.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The last thing that jag off (I can’t even say his name) will want to talk about is any success Napier has. He’ll quickly change the subject if it comes up.

Oh I could see him trying, and fully agree that there are multiple variables at once. But this is one area where I regained some measure of respect for Stricklin. In Napier’s intro, he made it clear that he had not only asked for the money, but had also outlined and sold him on the reasons for these investments. Yes, in doing so he also shielded himself from some of Mullen and McElwain’s failures. But he also essentially gave the credit for all future advancement to Napier for the way he went about it.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Absolutely great day (and hopefully weekend), but this is so misleading. The rating agencies have so many more guys in the blue chip category now. Compare % of top 300 guys for a more honest comparison.
It’s true. In 2010, Rivals listed 422 blue chips (4 & 5 stars), but in 2023 they’ve listed… 384! 90% as many as 13 years ago.

247 had 346 blue chips in 2010, and 407 in 2023. 17% more.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I could see him trying, and fully agree that there are multiple variables at once. But this is one area where I regained some measure of respect for Stricklin. In Napier’s intro, he made it clear that he had not only asked for the money, but had also outlined and sold him on the reasons for these investments. Yes, in doing so he also shielded himself from some of Mullen and McElwain’s failures. But he also essentially gave the credit for all future advancement to Napier for the way he went about it.

I'm glad Stricklin listened to Napier and finally to someone that knows. Not sure how the "scared money don't make money" got through to SS but apparently the expectations that Napier gave are working. Who knows what things would have been like if not hiring him. Would they be in the Heavener Center today? We all know recruiting would have absolutely been abysmal if he wasn't. So yes, for now I give Strick some credit here and a pat on the back. But......his job is just like Napier's. It's not done, still work to be done. Napier has to now win games and keep the recruits. Strick has to be an engaged AD and continue to work and learn from the past. For all sports at UF. But he has a good blueprint. Has he found the diamond in the rough? We'll know soon enough. But for now they can take a small victory lap for what is going on. But never the less, I along with may Gators on here, expect victory lapsssss. But the future seems bright and our program is far better hands than it has been in a looooooong time.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It’s true. In 2010, Rivals listed 422 blue chips (4 & 5 stars), but in 2023 they’ve listed… 384! 90% as many as 13 years ago.

247 had 346 blue chips in 2010, and 407 in 2023. 17% more.
In 2006 247 composite had 235 4 stars. 2005 had 226.

Here is a chart of top 200 prospects put together by a poster on tos (not sure what site he is using for 2023. If using the on 3 composite, we have 8 now.

1660484436207.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So, are we going with a 4-7, 5-6, or 6-5 D and just skip the LBs for now... maybe add a "1" in the middle when Graham comes online?
The dline recruiting looks to be showing a favor of 4 man front for sure. If we have a stud safety who can tackle(ala Elam 2012) I wouldn't be opposed to running a defense with alot of 4-2-5 like that 2012 defense did BUT you better have 4 studs up front and a pretty good pair of LBer's(think Bostic and Jenkens)behind them as well as some decent CB's/nickel who can cover.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
This is shaping up to be the best recruiting class we've had in the last 10 years, which is badly needed and long overdue. And the other good news is that next year's class will likely be even better. It's good to feel positive and optimistic about Florida football with good reason.

On another note, who else thinks Mullen will attribute all of Napier's success to the new facilities finishing up?
This was really a great recruiting weekend right in the middle of fall camp. How does BN do this as we were told this is not recruiting season by the smug whisperer. The momentum of moving into the new facility must have smiles for miles in G-ville. Cannot wait for opening day.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Here is a chart of top 200 prospects put together by a poster on tos (not sure what site he is using for 2023. If using the on 3 composite, we have 8 now.

View attachment 47351
Little did we know when the Gators got that the #1 2010 class we were on the cusp of such nausea. Same in 2000.

BN is establishing a winning culture to develop individual and team success.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last thing that jag off (I can’t even say his name) will want to talk about is any success Napier has. He’ll quickly change the subject if it comes up.

Please tell me that BSPN won’t let him near a gator game. Let him whine about all the other schools in the SEC that he couldn’t beat and leave us alone

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 47351
That graph should put a stop to any more comparisons between blue chip ratios of the 2023 class and the 2010 class. Also, it should point to tempering the irrational exuberance.

It's shaping up to be a solid class. Signing mostly from Florida, and two from IMG, while staying away from risky takes and/or fillers, points to a great, long term strategy.

Time will tell.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is M’Pemba a take after all the DLs we have?

He absolutely would be but I don’t think we have any chance with him right now. Hall and McDonald both are legit possibilities and are also +1 takes for sure. That would put us at 8 DL but you don’t say no to those players if they want in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.