Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Twitterverse: Ole Dan just got someone else higher on his board!

Guru-ing

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This isn't a big deal. Mullinz specialty is turning 3 stars into 5s. I know it is true because it's on the internet.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a big deal. Mullinz specialty is turning 3 stars into 5s. I know it is true because it's on the internet.

Better yet, after this guy goes to Athens and is buried on the depth chart, he will transfer to UF and we will be told by the UF beat writers that this is a testament to Mullen’s recruiting prowess. Then we will watch for 3 years waiting for him to breakout

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Do it right

75f545db99a3fd.gif

Now we're talking!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Flipping a player from an annual opponent is a 14 pt swing. I hate georgia but I am tired of justifying mediocrity when georgia's staff clearly outpaces, out organizes, and out works lazy ass mullen.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Flipping a player from an annual opponent is a 14 pt swing. I hate georgia but I am tired of justifying mediocrity when georgia's staff clearly outpaces, out organizes, and out works lazy ass mullen.

Commit defections after this will be fugly.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Commit defections after this will be fugly.
Not necessarily unless the commit has another power 5 decent program offer. Most of the guys left were never choosing between UF/Bama, UF/georgia. Most of our remaining players, if they had big offers, were conditional for those schools.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not necessarily unless the commit has another power 5 decent program offer. Most of the guys left were never choosing between UF/Bama, UF/georgia. Most of our remaining players, if they had big offers, were conditional for those schools.
Samford might be considering them

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Samford!!!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
TE Mac Markway de-commits

From 247 Sports:

2023 TE Mac Markway backs off UF commitment

ByBlake Alderman 17 hours ago

After giving his commitment to the Florida Gators back in July, Saint Louis (MO) DeSmet four-star 2023 tight end Mac Markway opened his recruitment back up on Sunday night He announced his move through his Twitter account, and thanked the Gator Nation for all the love and support.

"The last 3 years have been incredible through the recruiting process," Markway tweeted. "I have met and learned from some of the most respected caching staffs in the country and in football period. I wake up every day thankful for these opportunities. The University of Florida and Gator Nation have been wonderful to me and my family during my recruitment and after my commitment. I am forever thankful to the Gators and their fans. Due to the many staff changes throughout the country, my family and my coach Carl Reed have decided it's best for me to decommit from Florida and open my recruitment. Thank you for your love and support."

Marway committed to former Florida tight ends coach Tim Brewster, who is long longer on the Florida staff after the firing of former Florida head coach Dan Mullen. Markway has not been able to visit Florida since the the hiring of new head coach Billy Napier in Gainesville. Markway visited UF back in late June as well as back in the fall for the Gators win over Tennessee.

"It was amazing," Markway said of his first ever game visit at UF. "It was probably one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. It was so loud and everything even before the game was insanely loud even in warm ups. It was just really cool. I loved sitting in The Swamp and hearing it and I can't wait to play in it. I can see how fun it is to play in that kind of atmosphere. I was actually talking to my cousin, because he played for South Carolina and he actually scored a touchdown in there. He said he couldn't even hear his fans when he scored. He could only hear the Florida fans giving the boo's."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice that we can now have relaxable faith that Coach Nap won't sleep on getting us a better recruit.
Gators are a top destination now ... with enthusiastic believable recruiters, for a change,

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

IMG should be treated as in florida, even though the kids might not come from here... it should be considered part of that scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.