Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This explains a lot. I did notice in his film that he plays with leverage already. If our staff gets his technique and footwork up to par, he could end up being pretty good.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 44505
Something like this would be ideal.
Love Is Blind Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
Y’all are funny. When it’s a coach you hate, a 3 star is a 3 star. When it’s the bright and shiny new guy (with the same recruiting results) they must have a keen eye. They can spot a diamond in the rough. “They’ll develop the talent.” I call it like I see it. Billy working 3x as hard with quadruple the staff and salary and still can’t push the needle on recruiting or talent level. When all the dominoes fall, this class will look remarkably the same as it has the past ten years. I hope to god I’m wrong, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Y’all are funny. When it’s a coach you hate, a 3 star is a 3 star. When it’s the bright and shiny new guy (with the same recruiting results) they must have a keen eye. They can spot a diamond in the rough. “They’ll develop the talent.” I call it like I see it. Billy working 3x as hard with quadruple the staff and salary and still can’t push the needle on recruiting or talent level. When all the dominoes fall, this class will look remarkably the same as it has the past ten years. I hope to god I’m wrong, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…
It's starting to feel that way

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You must be new around here. 3-star offensive linemen were never disparaged outside of a few people. I'm with you on the rest of the class, however. We need a talent infusion and the clock is ticking. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst; the Gator way.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
You must be new around here. 3-star offensive linemen were never disparaged outside of a few people. I'm with you on the rest of the class, however. We need a talent infusion and the clock is ticking. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst; the Gator way.

Even the donkey didn't complain abou 3* OL's as long as they were "big butts".

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
December 21st we'll know.

In the meantime ...

It's all speculation.

( but I agree with what you're saying ... I see no difference than the past 12 years with where are are right now. Same rationaluzing year after year after year ... I'll withhold judgement until after ESD)

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
December 21st we'll know.

In the meantime ...

It's all speculation.

( but I agree with what you're saying ... I see no difference than the past 12 years with where are are right now. Same rationaluzing year after year after year ... I'll withhold judgement until after EAD)
That's the issue right there. Despite quite a large change in tactics and full acknowledgement by all here that it's at least being taken seriously, the recruiting results look identical to dipsht Dan so far. And I don't buy the it's early argument any more than I do the you have to win to croot one. Both are bogus. Crooters croot regardless and the known crooters are already doing so and getting results. There's a reason we are like 40th or some ****e and it aint bc "it's early."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Hate to ever view something as a referendum, especially so early on, but this one seems close to that. Position of need, major piece to a class that should cause a domino effect, and we apparently lead for his services. A miss here, after all this, would be tough.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hate to ever view something as a referendum, especially so early on, but this one seems close to that. Position of need, major piece to a class that should cause a domino effect, and we apparently lead for his services. A miss here, after all this, would be tough.

The spin of "we didn't want him anyway", "he isn't really that good", "this 3 star we are about to sign is the next Kyle Trask", would be turned to 11 if we whiffed here. Then cue the "bagmen", the "we can't afford to go toe to toe with another school financially" (which is the biggest f'ing lie that we are a poverty program; hell, we funded the football facilities twice, once when first asked and then when the "lol, no, all that money is going to EXTRA stuff for baseball and softball, PHASE TWO is for football facilities" thing happened), and "our coaches are still the bestest ever at everything ever...until Pat Dooley tells me to change my mind".

Seriously, to my knowledge, UF has NEVER asked for money for football and UF Alumni and fans haven't stepped up to the plate. If they have, would love to be educated on when and for what.

But, again, waiting until December to fully judge, however, the bullsh*t from people looking to avoid anything that might be a concern pisses me off. We can be honest. Hope we get the guy, can't stand the spin otherwise.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It is going to be big kick to the balls if we dont get Rashada. Its obvious he is our QB1. Its obvious you go all in for a QB1 given our depth.

Citizen...whatever, we have great RB depth and wasn't worth the money. Jackson...for us just a good add for this year but going forward not worth spending the money plus it sets our market value (could make current depth at the position jealous..dont know, speculating to the finer points of what it truly means when you have actual worth set to players on the roster). 3* OL that can easily be argued is under rated plus has the specs you want as well as a guy an instate recruiting competition needs and wants just as bad, fine with taking and those crying about 3* U don't get it.

But Rashada, thats a recruit we need and we are going to head to head with a team in state it seems. We did get into it with him a bit late but we crushed it. Rashada has said before getting involved with us that he loves Miami and has a Cali vibe, but they weren't as interested in him (they have been going after E Williams). He has been mixed in with them on the 7v7 team and cozy with Ruiz. This is a scary week. Honestly, a very likely scenario is Miami is the team he has wanted to go to the whole time and he has used all the others (aTm, Oregon, UF...) to get it all set up for this week's OV to Miami.

I think this truly is a benchmark and the wait till Sep-Dec kinda doesn't apply. It shows how much NIL weight and recruiting acumen this program and staff have. Its going to suck if we dont get him.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So miami just took another qb's commitment. I would imagine thus helps our chances

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.