gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday
Sep. 2
Utah Utes Football Schedule at Utah Utes Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UTTime TBA ETor Aug. 31
Saturday
Sep. 9
McNeese Cowboys Football Schedule McNeese Cowboys Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 16
Tennessee Football Schedule Tennessee Volunteers Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 23
Charlotte 49ers Football Schedule Charlotte 49ers Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 30
Kentucky Wildcats Football Schedule at Kentucky Wildcats Kroger Field, Lexington, KYTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 7
Vanderbilt Football Schedule Vanderbilt Commodores Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 14
South Carolina Football Schedule at South Carolina Gamecocks Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 21
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 28
Georgia Football Schedule vs Georgia Bulldogs TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 4
Arkansas Football Schedule Arkansas Razorbacks Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 11
LSU Football Schedule at LSU Tigers Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 18
Missouri Tigers Football Schedule at Missouri Tigers Faurot Field, Columbia, MOTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 25
Florida State Football Schedule Florida State Seminoles Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's early, let's assume Billy keeps the class together in December. Is anything better than 9-3 doable with this slate?

Throwing the two west opponents in right after UGA is brutal. The opener at Utah won't be easy. I'd hope we would go into the bye week before UGA with no worse than a 5-2 record.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing is easy in the SEC, so many areas that need a big improvement on this team and it starts with the QB And D-line.
Billy has his work cut out for him and his 100 man staff , get’er done Billy.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone have an in for tickets for the Utah game? I need 4.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I definitely feel comfortable predicting at least three wins.

Still trying to convince Mrs G to go to the Utah game. Not looking good at the moment.

Pop quiz: Speaking of Utah, when was the last time UF played a regular season non-conference opponent outside the state of Florida and at a non-neutral site? Who knows the answer without looking it up? (Bonus points for knowing the final score of the game.)

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Still trying to convince Mrs G to go to the Utah game. Not looking good at the moment.

Pop quiz: Speaking of Utah, when was the last time UF played a regular season non-conference opponent outside the state of Florida and at a non-neutral site? Who knows the answer without looking it up? (Bonus points for knowing the final score of the game.)
Mich. In Dallas a few years ago

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Like Syracuse?

macNCheeseB

Mar 1, 2016

Was that Syracuse in 1992? I think the score was 28-21 them.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ok, then had to be 1991 (I know it was early in Spurrier's reign). It was disappointing to watch, I remember. They had x8-21, I remember the 8. So... 38-21? Was it that bad?
Winner, winner; chicken dinner

1991 and UF lost 38-21. Good memory.

Apparently it was common for UF to do these kinds of games in the 70's and 80's - I didn't go back any further - with trips to places like Memphis, Rutgers, USCw, and Tulane.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We’re you even a Gator fan that far back or were you still a Georgia fan?
Ironically, I hated the dwags before I really started rooting for the Gators. As a teenager I was a big Tony Dorsett fan - which ended the moment he was drafted by Dallas - and remember Ugly players talking trash before the Sugar Bowl and then thoroughly enjoying watching him gash them for 200 plus yards. Fast forward a few years and I developed an irrational (for a kid from DC) dislike for Herschel. I remember vividly watching the whole Lindsey Scott debacle and being pissed; I so did not want them to win a title. Then, in 1987, I was transferred to ATL and became immediately disgusted by the overwhelming local media coverage they received - especially since they had a local team (Ga Tech) that was actually pretty decent at the time - at the expense of almost everything else.

In March of 1990, I met Mrs G. and my dislike for UGay was possibly my most redeeming attribute from her perspective. I started following the Gators that next fall with her and got hooked - though that first in person experience at Tinerc was not very enjoyable. (BTW - I have not seen them lose a game in person since!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.