2023 Schedule

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ironically, I hated the dwags before I really started rooting for the Gators. As a teenager I was a big Tony Dorsett fan - which ended the moment he was drafted by Dallas - and remember Ugly players talking trash before the Sugar Bowl and then thoroughly enjoying watching him gash them for 200 plus yards. Fast forward a few years and I developed an irrational (for a kid from DC) dislike for Herschel. I remember vividly watching the whole Lindsey Scott debacle and being pissed; I so did not want them to win a title. Then, in 1987, I was transferred to ATL and became immediately disgusted by the overwhelming local media coverage they received - especially since they had a local team (Ga Tech) that was actually pretty decent at the time - at the expense of almost everything else.

In March of 1990, I met Mrs G. and my dislike for UGay was possibly my most redeeming attribute from her perspective. I started following the Gators that next fall with her and got hooked - though that first in person experience at Tinerc was not very enjoyable. (BTW - I have not seen them lose a game in person since!)
So it’s confirmed you were a Dwag before meeting the better half. Got it.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
We are pu$$ies for offering home and home with Utah. You want some of us, you gotta come to our house.

Except for USC or Oregon, we should never travel west of Oklahoma.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Winner, winner; chicken dinner

1991 and UF lost 38-21. Good memory.

Apparently it was common for UF to do these kinds of games in the 70's and 80's - I didn't go back any further - with trips to places like Memphis, Rutgers, USCw, and Tulane.

I was at the Rutgers game. No idea why or how we agreed to a home and home with them, but it was the coldest game I’ve ever been to by far.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We are pu$$ies for offering home and home with Utah. You want some of us, you gotta come to our house.

Except for USC or Oregon, we should never travel west of Oklahoma.
We are at Cal in 2027 and at Colorado in 2029.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, I’m pulling for you. You know that. I’m just not sure I’m comfortable putting in a pre-order given the circumstances.
You’re right, I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s just start with needing 4 tickets to NEXT year’s Utah game. We’ll go from there.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love the way the first 7 games set up before the off week with Georgia.
Tough first game, cupcake.
Tennessee, cupcake.
Kentucky, Vandy and USCe.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Winner, winner; chicken dinner

1991 and UF lost 38-21. Good memory.

Apparently it was common for UF to do these kinds of games in the 70's and 80's - I didn't go back any further - with trips to places like Memphis, Rutgers, USCw, and Tulane.
I was at the UF vs Rice in Houston in 1976. I was working in Houston at the time. We won 48-3 and our third string QB connected on a 99 yd TD pass. Still the longest in team history. The QB was freshman Chris Collingsworth.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was at the UF vs Rice in Houston in 1976. I was working in Houston at the time. We won 48-3 and our third string QB connected on a 99 yd TD pass. Still the longest in team history. The QB was freshman Chris Collingsworth.

Thought Applebee to Cleveland in 2016 was also 99, no?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I love the way the first 7 games set up before the off week with Georgia.
Tough first game, cupcake.
Tennessee, cupcake.
Kentucky, Vandy and USCe.
What if we're 3-4 going into the UGAy game? Are we looking for a new coach afterwards ala Harsin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.