2023 Win or get the fu(k out

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming wins against Charlotte and Mcneese can no longer be done . Maybe we hold serve in the swamp against Vandy and
The hogs . My guess is we drop one of those and win another somehow . Looks like a 4-8 Billy ball season with excuses that outnumber victories.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It's not in Napier's DNA to do the cautious thing, and esp in a circumstance like this with the game outcome not in doubt. The only upside was school pride. I can imagine him biting his lip as the kicker lined up for that kick.
You’re shytting me, right?

Have you watched this team near the half at all this season? Or on 3rd and 12 when we run a fn dive directly into the line multiple times?

That scared money don’t make money horseshyt was evidently applicable only in the Utah and Tennessee games

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming wins against Charlotte and Mcneese can no longer be done . Maybe we hold serve in the swamp against Vandy and
The hogs . My guess is we drop one of those and win another somehow . Looks like a 4-8 Billy ball season with excuses that outnumber victories.
4-8?

I'll take that bet.
What's the wager?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If he doesn't hire a play caller and hit multiple home runs in the portal this year I don't see how he finishes 2024. He's not getting fired in year 2 and he shouldn't without some sort of scandal. He should get a third season but 3 seasons are ample time to show improvement. But 12-15 ranked recruiting classes at Florida isn't good enough and not enough improvement over the last 2 losers. He's not a good enough game day coach, he's got to have top 5 classes to compete.

LSU, TCU and USC are proof you can do it year one via the portal if you know what your doing and hit on a QB. Napier inherited a top 10 NFL pick at QB and he got worse as the season progressed.

Napier is very likable and seems like a real genuine guy, unlike our last 3 shyt heads, I think pretty much everyone here wants him to succeed. But if you don't think he's in over his head then your blind. If he's man enough to see his shortcomings and make necessary changes over the next couple of weeks he may see year 4, if not we'll be looking for a coach in Nov 2024.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Pablos Tunnel I think you're right on that. I wondered all season who MacAfee was and why he was on GameDay. But yesterday, I got to watch the game with my niece and nephew who are home from UF. My nephew, age 21, is a huge fan of MacAfee and was explaining to us old people how great he is.
It is the end of times!

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
4 maybe 5 wins next year. Losing bad to FSux at home will be the icing on the cake. I have tried to remain optimistic with Billy and liked the hire initially but the product on the field( and I don't mean the talent) is NOT GOOD. those of us that are living in reality have pointed out this crappy product numerous times. I saw the same shyt with the D yesterday that we have seen all year, DB's way off WR on 3rd and short, Safeties too deep, crossing routes are wide azz open EVERYTIME and TE's seem to just not be a concern for Toney. We did a decent job stopping the run. Zero optimism any of this gets fixed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are just emotionally fragile hatchet wounds. JFC, we have a totally depleted roster (which most of us have begged to purge). We faced a top 15 team with half a team of underclassmen and you’re ready to hit the chickensh*t switch. Grow up, accept where this program is at (for all the reasons why), and let the rebuild take place. It IS NOT a quick fix and next year won’t be a whole lot better. Every one of us knew this but for whatever reasons some of you dolts just can’t accept it.
I’m not saying BN is the answer, but he sure as hell isn’t the problem that created this situation.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve heard the comment “Trust the process” countless times as it relates to giving Billy time to build the program. Many posters here on this board have regurgitated this comment as they blindly hang on Billy’s every word. The administration and the media have also repeated this statement countless times.

The reality is that this comment is a silly platitude that is designed to quell criticism of the staff & buy them time to milk the school for tens of millions of dollars. After all, it’s pretty difficult to challenge such a vague statement until years later when, after trusting the process, you realize the process yielded shytty results. You can’t blame this season on poor performance by the staff because a season like this is just part of the process. After all, Nick Saban lost to a Louisiana directional school his first year at Bama…it’s part of the process. You just need to trust said process.

What happens when the process is a crummy process to start with? Or the process is good but those running the process actually suck and don’t know squat about how to effectively run a process? I’ll tell you what happens…6-7, losing to KY, TN, LSU, UGA, FSU, VANDY & Bucky the Fcvking Beaver!

I’m sick of hearing this nonsense. We’re on our 4th shytty head coach in a row. Nothing about this season indicates positive steps in the right direction. Something’s gotta give. Discuss.

Remember the only constant with all four coaches Jeremy Foley.
As long as he is in the building nothing will change.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are just emotionally fragile hatchet wounds. JFC, we have a totally depleted roster (which most of us have begged to purge). We faced a top 15 team with half a team of underclassmen and you’re ready to hit the chickensh*t switch. Grow up, accept where this program is at (for all the reasons why), and let the rebuild take place. It IS NOT a quick fix and next year won’t be a whole lot better. Every one of us knew this but for whatever reasons some of you dolts just can’t accept it.
I’m not saying BN is the answer, but he sure as hell isn’t the problem that created this situation.

Transfer. Portal.

It’s a real thing we can compete heavy in that can have a major impact on next season. We didn’t bring in nearly enough last year, can’t make that same mistake again.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hell, I expected the loss yesterday.
I didn’t think there was anyway possible we could pull out a win, even against a mediocre PAC 12 team with 2 star talent.

That’s not the issue for me.

It’s the entire season.
Napier’s body of work.

The team regressed through the season.
We didn’t play inspired football with the exception of Utah and Tennessee.

We were generally, “flat”, uninspired, listless and never seemed to play with any kind of “edge”.

Given that pre game speech I saw from Napier yesterday, I certainly understand the lack of fire and inspiration.

Half the team was probably dozing through that mind numbing horse****.

We aren’t fundamentally sound.
On either side of the ball and special teams.

We aren’t playing to our potential.

We aren’t emotionally prepared.

Our game plans are simplistic on both sides and special teams.

For the life of me, I can’t see what some of you see in this coach.

If we hired Urban Meyer to start this season we would have been 9-3 at worst.
Great coaches make a difference.

I see no greatness.
No well prepared fired up teams on game days.
I see monotone, hand clapping and constantly hear, trust the process.

Not buying this anymore.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I expected the loss yesterday.
I didn’t think there was anyway possible we could pull out a win, even against a mediocre PAC 12 team with 2 star talent.

That’s not the issue for me.

It’s the entire season.
Napier’s body of work.

The team regressed through the season.
We didn’t play inspired football with the exception of Utah and Tennessee.

We were generally, “flat”, uninspired, listless and never seemed to play with any kind of “edge”.

Given that pre game speech I saw from Napier yesterday, I certainly understand the lack of fire and inspiration.

Half the team was probably dozing through that mind numbing horse****.

We aren’t fundamentally sound.
On either side of the ball and special teams.

We aren’t playing to our potential.

We aren’t emotionally prepared.

Our game plans are simplistic on both sides and special teams.

For the life of me, I can’t see what some of you see in this coach.

If we hired Urban Meyer to start this season we would have been 9-3 at worst.
Great coaches make a difference.

I see no greatness.
No well prepared fired up teams on game days.
I see monotone, hand clapping and constantly hear, trust the process.

Not buying this anymore.
So fire him immediately? We KNEW this was a compete rebuild. We’ve been begging for it for several years. BN starts the process this year and we’re panicking 12 months into it. I understand the 20 year olds need instant gratification but I just don’t get it with the geritol-village gang.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hesitate to write this as I think Billy has shown his game day coaching and game management is not up to SEC snuff but I have no problem with kicking the FG to keep the streak alive. The bottom line is Oregon State had us beaten early in the 4th quarter. They kept their 1st string D in and kept blitzing the whole game. They were throwing the ball with 7 minutes left and a 30 point lead. It was obvious they wanted to end the streak more than they wanted to reward their back up players with playing time or practice good sportsmanship. I get it, especially for a PAC-12 team to kick an SEC team’s ass that badly. But, because they played for that instead of what a team would normally do with such a big lead in the 4th, I think us kicking the FG to make their efforts worthless was just fine. My gut says with out Billy hiring a good OC, getting a new DC, and getting a great QB in the portal we will lose the streak in Utah next year anyway. So, Fuchs the Beavers and I’m glad we didn’t lose the streak to them..

Agreed

The sad reality is that the streak is the only fragment of dignity this program has left.
In the last few years virtually everything we stand for has been damaged if not destroyed. No more multi decade win streaks over other programs no more guaranteed victories no matter the opponent and no more success metrics of any kind.
This game was lost before kickoff so maintaining the streak was the only objective in the fourth quarter.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
If he keeps Toney then he absolutely is part of the problem.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
:fistbump:

(couldn't bring myself to use the Denzel Washington/Training Day gif...)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s not a reason to not finish with 8 wins next season. This roster can be flipped with the portal. See LSU, FSU, and TN.

We need 10-12 portal kids.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Billy’s mentality is not to go for any kind of kill shot. Look at the EWU game. Spurrier or Urbs would have easily put 60 on their asses.

ZERO aggressive play this season. If the Utes QB hadn’t have taken a stupid pull, we would have been sitting home this bowl season, and very likely would have started 0-4.

Talent level isn’t the entire issue like some want to make it to be. Good coaches can motivate a group of 3 stars to run through a brick wall and play above their talent level. Coach Potted Meat isn’t even a good coach at this point, and the staff he has assembled is indeed Sun Belt/CUSA level.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hey, maybe we can schedule some games with the local high schools so we can begin to build our confidence level. Oh wait.... that might even backfire so forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator