2023 Win or get the fu(k out

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
BN is no where near being on the hot seat and I know of not one soul who is upset about this season. Disappointed, yes but no one is looking to get rid of BN. Sure maybe the kid that gives $50 to $100 but you'll find nothing but support amongst Bull Gators and former players.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Great point.
Not one area of the University of Florida Football program is better today versus 1 year ago. Billy took the job and the money. Buck stops with him.
Not true. Organizational structure is massively improved. Support staff massively improved. Recruiting massively improved. Will it produce results on the field? We have to wait until years 3 and 4 to judge Napier. It's so easy to sit back and say that he will definitely fail. The reality is no one knows for certain until we play the games. Personally, I think he's a good motivator and recruiter, but not a talented enough coach to win the SEC. Needs to bring in coordinators stat. I do not believe Billy will succeed at this time.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It may be another "bad" hire but I don't think we have an adequate sample size to determine that yet. I also said "it may take 2 years", may being the important word here, to get back on solid ground. We may never get back under BN, who knows? Not me and your record of picking winners doesn't generate much confidence in you.

I understand your feelings, a little, but the way you feel today MAY be different than how you feel next year if we roll off 3,4,5 straight wins.

Just saying, give the process some time and chill out.
The only process is 'give me time to get more talented players." There's no complicated offensive or defensive schemes that needs time to develop over the seasons. Spurrier implemented his pass-happy offense in a single off-season. Napier showed us his offense has nothing to offer. He needs superior players like O'Cyrus in order to win. So the process is.... wait until I have a top 5 roster and only then will we be competitive.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
As I said before, I am actually kinda excited for this off-season in a morbid way. I really think this is where we see if Billy is up to the task and most reasonable fans can "trust the process" or is he another dude with a bunch of coach-speak platitudes. If we see some type of recognition, evaluation and corrective actions then I will be, and I think most reasonable fans will be, satisfied. For whatever reason, and its pointless to rehash, we have been churning through coaches. Going 2-3 years and replacing coaches is just not a way to build a consistent winner. We need some stability in the leadership of the program. Napier at least has a plan (Its fine if you disagree with it) and has shown the discipline and structure to implement it (maybe to his detriment). Barring a complete collapse, like winless season, he is getting at least 3 years, maybe 4.
Every single one of our recent hires was given 3-4 seasons to show what they can do with a roster of their players. All of them failed. Writing was on the wall to fire Muschamp and Mullen after year 3 but were given a 4th year anyhow. You can kind of tell if you have a winner or not after about 2 seasons, maybe 3.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Considering we’ve had exactly 2 coaches to ever win a championship, I’d say that’s a safe bet. Actually, it’s a safe bet for any hire across the country.
Are you discounting McElwain's two SEC EAST championships? That's the most winning we've experienced in a long time. Bring back the Big Mac! /s

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Billy continues to call plays, we continue to suck.

He can’t manage a game, and the play calling has been iffy at best. Why is he in charge of both?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Billy continues to call plays, we continue to suck.

He can’t manage a game, and the play calling has been iffy at best. Why is he in charge of both?

Because we refuse to hire coaches who don’t have some major oddity that is a known red flag from day one. We’re on our fourth in a row that just knows better than us, or anyone else. And they play that scenario out at the expense of boosters to the tune of 5-10 mil annually. And when it doesn’t work, they leave with generational wealth and laugh the whole way out. As I said in the chat, if there isn’t a change at OC/QB responsibility going into Spring, this guy will be the exact same as the other recents. It’s only out of morbid curiosity that I’m almost looking forward to seeing what the next guy will insist on.

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
BN is no where near being on the hot seat and I know of not one soul who is upset about this season. Disappointed, yes but no one is looking to get rid of BN. Sure maybe the kid that gives $50 to $100 but you'll find nothing but support amongst Bull Gators and former players.

indiana-chair.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We may go 1-11?
Why even watch?
This is the worst.
We can't recruit
We can't call plays
We can't play defense

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We knew it would be and asked for the dumpster to be burned and emptied. Now BN needs to get to work and lets see what he can do.

Some of you guys are just emotionally fragile hatchet wounds. JFC, we have a totally depleted roster (which most of us have begged to purge). We faced a top 15 team with half a team of underclassmen and you’re ready to hit the chickensh*t switch. Grow up, accept where this program is at (for all the reasons why), and let the rebuild take place. It IS NOT a quick fix and next year won’t be a whole lot better. Every one of us knew this but for whatever reasons some of you dolts just can’t accept it.
I’m not saying BN is the answer, but he sure as hell isn’t the problem that created this situation.

Ya'll guys are a real hoot!

Everyone knew a major overhaul was coming, we begged for it and now, "we don't deserve this!" "Fire erbody!" "you're embarrassed!" :lmao:

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.