Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It's more than ten months to ESD. :crazy:

Personally, I think the kids committing now (including Lagway) are braindead. What's the point of committing so early?
Well as I understand it, at least for Lagway, he wants to help build “his” class by committing early and then persuading other top talent to join him. Anyone else I have no clue

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We need to get more of this. BN needs to start pressing the issue of committing while on campus like a lot of the better recruiters do
No sense in pressuring kids that haven’t made up their minds IMO. Those are the ones that decommit several times a cycle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He must be braindead

-Ox
I just don't think I would do it if I was in that position. You're going to take several visits and may change your mind, and I would hate to de-commit to a school I had already committed to. I would take ALL my visits and then commit.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
I just don't think I would do it if I was in that position. You're going to take several visits and may change your mind, and I would hate to de-commit to a school I had already committed to. I would take ALL my visits and then commit.

It's more than ten months to ESD. :crazy:

Personally, I think the kids committing now (including Lagway) are braindead. What's the point of committing so early?
They Commit now so that we at Gatorchatter can cry bitch and moan call BN and Srickland names, kick the dog when the commit elsewhere. It's like you don't know you're own board....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have no first hand experience with the process, but I know several guys who either went through it and/or their kids did. From talking to them, it’s really a mixed bag. Some kids make up their mind quickly, or even know before the process starts and others need to do as many visits as possible.

I had a work colleague who was a pretty good college player and when his son was getting recruited he laid down a couple of rules. First one was to always be honest with the coaches recruiting him. Second rule was he could visit as many schools as he wanted to, but once he committed that was it. No more visits and he’d honor the commitment. The kid did a couple unofficials and made up his mind; committed fairly early and stuck with it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have no first hand experience with the process, but I know several guys who either went through it and/or their kids did. From talking to them, it’s really a mixed bag. Some kids make up their mind quickly, or even know before the process starts and others need to do as many visits as possible.

I had a work colleague who was a pretty good college player and when his son was getting recruited he laid down a couple of rules. First one was to always be honest with the coaches recruiting him. Second rule was he could visit as many schools as he wanted to, but once he committed that was it. No more visits and he’d honor the commitment. The kid did a couple unofficials and made up his mind; committed fairly early and stuck with it.
Are you really not gonna tell us who the recruiting was? I mean, I believe rule 3b is to not pass up an opportunity to namedrop nor should you sit on any info, under any circumstances, ever.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Are you really not gonna tell us who the recruiting was? I mean, I believe rule 3b is to not pass up an opportunity to namedrop nor should you sit on any info, under any circumstances, ever.
No. If for no other reason than the dad is a very large dude who would not want me putting his business on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.