Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trashing?

I believe that footwork determines where the ball is delivered. He has plenty of arm strength, he's football smart and he's putting in the work. But I've watched a lot of his film on the 7 on 7s and he arms his throws. It's my understanding his offense in HS throws a lot of short routes (7 yard avg?). Maybe that's why he does it.

It's worrisome.

I'm not saying he cant be great. He seems like a great kid with a great family. He's trying his best to recruit for us.

Link to Article

I'm not the only one that see the issue.

DJ Lagway – QB

Willis, TX (Willis)

Good length, height, and very good hand size and athleticism. Release is quick despite the various arm angles he throws from. Shows good patience in the pocket and the willingness to go through progression. Will throw players open, showing good anticipation in how routes will develop. Has a very good arm that can fit passes in tight windows or stretch the field. No problem throwing downfield, good touch on his deep ball. Will take chances over the middle of the field or deep because he trusts his arm. Possesses good athletic ability that makes him a true dual threat. But, is still more of a pocket passer that can run. Shows good long speed and change of direction in the open field.

Will be inconsistent with accuracy if he doesn’t marry his upper and lower half movements. Sometimes throws flat footed or completely across his body as he is sprinting in the opposite direction. Trusting his arm may become a concern at the next level as windows will become tighter. A lot of throws are all arm, likely overthrowing. General and overall mechanics improvement will help performance as well as avoiding injury. Very good prospect that has all the tools the top Power 5 programs look for in a starting QB. Will continue to fill out and has another year to refine the finer points of playing QB. His size and athleticism may tempt a school to play him right away.
He's 17 effing years old.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He's 17 effing years old.
That doesn't mean he has to drink and have gratuitous sex every day.

Some are late bloomers.

Cut him some slack.

Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Safety Josiah Davis commits at 2:30 today. Considered a lean to us. 3* right now but expected to be a high four-star by end of the cycle.

Had a huge year last year. Played football, track, and basketball. Had 70 tackles and an INT on defense. Rushed for almost 1000 yards. Had 7 TDs on special teams. Passed for a touchdown and was receiver for a couple touchdowns.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Safety Josiah Davis commits at 2:30 today. Considered a lean to us. 3* right now but expected to be a high four-star by end of the cycle.

Had a huge year last year. Played football, track, and basketball. Had 70 tackles and an INT on defense. Rushed for almost 1000 yards. Had 7 TDs on special teams. Passed for a touchdown and was receiver for a couple touchdowns.

Any word on his footwork?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shoot, I’ll be happy if these young safeties can run faster than bammer’s or UGly’s linebackers. Last year’s safeties ran slower than I do.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
1 month ban bet says not a single negative comment is made about this pickup. Put up or shut up Norm.
What’s there to say negative? On an individual player, it’s wait and see. This kid seems to be a great athlete. I suppose if one is awaiting “same old same old” this could seem to be in that direction. Or he could be that Brandon James style find.

I’d like to see a 40 time. His summary reads like Will Hill, if on a lower level of competition. But if he has that speed and athleticism he could be great.

I won’t like seeing a slew of 3*, but the class average will depend on snagging elites like Lagaway, Graham etc. The 4* & 3* that fill out a class are all about evaluation and fit. That's not negative, it’s just reality.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
What’s there to say negative? On an individual player, it’s wait and see. This kid seems to be a great athlete. I suppose if one is awaiting “same old same old” this could seem to be in that direction. Or he could be that Brandon James style find.

I’d like to see a 40 time. His summary reads like Will Hill, if on a lower level of competition. But if he has that speed and athleticism he could be great.

I won’t like seeing a slew of 3*, but the class average will depend on snagging elites like Lagaway, Graham etc. The 4* & 3* that fill out a class are all about evaluation and fit. That's not negative, it’s just reality.

No 40 time, but here's the 100
100 time
Athletic Background
Multi-sport athlete that also runs track and plays basketball. As an 11th grader, posted times of 11.43 and 11.21 in the 100-meter dash.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

After watching his film I can see why he's a 3-star at the moment; key words being "at the moment." Potential is definitely there to move up to a 4-star, especially at safety. He really sees the field well and has top-end speed. Acceleration was hard to judge, but it felt slow at times watching the film. However, he runs with a lot of hesitation waiting for the hole to open up before committing and turning on the jets, so like I said it's hard to judge. There were a couple of times he gets caught flat-footed at safety, but honestly I don't think this will be a huge problem. A little more coaching and playing his senior year will probably solve a lot of those issues. At the end of the day I think we'll get a guy who will compete for playing time at Star (only my opinion, but I would bet that's where we're projecting him) and can help us out on special teams. Even if he only contributes on special teams, I would consider this a good get for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.