Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

After watching his film I can see why he's a 3-star at the moment; key words being "at the moment." Potential is definitely there to move up to a 4-star, especially at safety. He really sees the field well and has top-end speed. Acceleration was hard to judge, but it felt slow at times watching the film. However, he runs with a lot of hesitation waiting for the hole to open up before committing and turning on the jets, so like I said it's hard to judge. There were a couple of times he gets caught flat-footed at safety, but honestly I don't think this will be a huge problem. A little more coaching and playing his senior year will probably solve a lot of those issues. At the end of the day I think we'll get a guy who will compete for playing time at Star (only my opinion, but I would bet that's where we're projecting him) and can help us out on special teams. Even if he only contributes on special teams, I would consider this a good get for us.

Good tape. I think he'll definately help on STs.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
pay up george wendt GIF

Norm was the other guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

After watching his film I can see why he's a 3-star at the moment; key words being "at the moment." Potential is definitely there to move up to a 4-star, especially at safety. He really sees the field well and has top-end speed. Acceleration was hard to judge, but it felt slow at times watching the film. However, he runs with a lot of hesitation waiting for the hole to open up before committing and turning on the jets, so like I said it's hard to judge. There were a couple of times he gets caught flat-footed at safety, but honestly I don't think this will be a huge problem. A little more coaching and playing his senior year will probably solve a lot of those issues. At the end of the day I think we'll get a guy who will compete for playing time at Star (only my opinion, but I would bet that's where we're projecting him) and can help us out on special teams. Even if he only contributes on special teams, I would consider this a good get for us.

Is it OK that I read this like it was being narrated by Mel kiper?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Safety Josiah Davis commits at 2:30 today. Considered a lean to us. 3* right now but expected to be a high four-star by end of the cycle.

Had a huge year last year. Played football, track, and basketball. Had 70 tackles and an INT on defense. Rushed for almost 1000 yards. Had 7 TDs on special teams. Passed for a touchdown and was receiver for a couple touchdowns.
Plaaaaya!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to pick this one up. His acceleration is almost instant. Not the fastest top-speed, but has great hands, change of direction, and closes the gap quickly. He's a guy you could throw out there in man coverage and not worry about being burned badly.

He ran a 10.52 100M last spring as a sophomore. Kid’s got wheels for sure.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He ran a 10.52 100M last spring as a sophomore. Kid’s got wheels for sure.
that's the scary part; only a sophomore. by the time he graduates i wouldn't be surprised to see his top-end speed improve a bit as well. i really hope we get this kid

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What’s there to say negative? On an individual player, it’s wait and see. This kid seems to be a great athlete. I suppose if one is awaiting “same old same old” this could seem to be in that direction. Or he could be that Brandon James style find.

I’d like to see a 40 time. His summary reads like Will Hill, if on a lower level of competition. But if he has that speed and athleticism he could be great.

I won’t like seeing a slew of 3*, but the class average will depend on snagging elites like Lagaway, Graham etc. The 4* & 3* that fill out a class are all about evaluation and fit. That's not negative, it’s just reality.
I was going to mention competition, in case someone knows that area. Staffs likely weigh that. Probably has to camp at UF and progress. His stats cut in half against better competition would still seem competitive.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Who knows what year he classifies as.

That’s a great point. If this kid is completely done with high school now, and we have a higher rated commit in this class plus a need for one more QB in the room, he would be perfect to reclassify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator