Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway coming to campus tomorrow to hang out with Smith. Smith is considered the best receiver to ever come out of Florida. And that’s saying something

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Translation: Can throw it a mile but accuracy
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Now you've moved on to trashing Lagway?
Trashing?

I believe that footwork determines where the ball is delivered. He has plenty of arm strength, he's football smart and he's putting in the work. But I've watched a lot of his film on the 7 on 7s and he arms his throws. It's my understanding his offense in HS throws a lot of short routes (7 yard avg?). Maybe that's why he does it.

It's worrisome.

I'm not saying he cant be great. He seems like a great kid with a great family. He's trying his best to recruit for us.

Link to Article

I'm not the only one that see the issue.

DJ Lagway – QB

Willis, TX (Willis)

Good length, height, and very good hand size and athleticism. Release is quick despite the various arm angles he throws from. Shows good patience in the pocket and the willingness to go through progression. Will throw players open, showing good anticipation in how routes will develop. Has a very good arm that can fit passes in tight windows or stretch the field. No problem throwing downfield, good touch on his deep ball. Will take chances over the middle of the field or deep because he trusts his arm. Possesses good athletic ability that makes him a true dual threat. But, is still more of a pocket passer that can run. Shows good long speed and change of direction in the open field.

Will be inconsistent with accuracy if he doesn’t marry his upper and lower half movements. Sometimes throws flat footed or completely across his body as he is sprinting in the opposite direction. Trusting his arm may become a concern at the next level as windows will become tighter. A lot of throws are all arm, likely overthrowing. General and overall mechanics improvement will help performance as well as avoiding injury. Very good prospect that has all the tools the top Power 5 programs look for in a starting QB. Will continue to fill out and has another year to refine the finer points of playing QB. His size and athleticism may tempt a school to play him right away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb