Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’m curious to know the mood if we go 6-6 again but sign a top 3 class. Given our QB situation right now, I would personally feel pretty great with that scenario.
As long as one of the six wins is against the leghumpers.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m curious to know the mood if we go 6-6 again but sign a top 3 class. Given our QB situation right now, I would personally feel pretty great with that scenario.
Are you serious? This place will always come unhinged if we don’t win it all. It’s just what we do!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Are you serious? This place will always come unhinged if we don’t win it all. It’s just what we do!
I would say, it depends on how incompetent the staff looks. Can they install a two minute offense and try to score before halftime? That's just one thing. There are more.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of people were still bitching during the Meyer years when we were winning it all.
I loved the defense and special teams but never really thought much of the offense (unsustainable without a generational Zonka/QB and lightning quick WR/RB).

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I would say, it depends on how incompetent the staff looks. Can they install a two minute offense and try to score before halftime? That's just one thing. There are more.
Like installing a third quarter offense? Or a redzone offense?
:lol:

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
Looking back at the 2023 class, it's interesting to see how close UF was to a solid group by every measure.

In the end, there were just misses in a couple position groups.

If you add Jaden Rashada, Lucas Simmons, Jordan Hall (LB from IMG), and Kayden McDonald the final score is 283.60. That would be the #8 class.

I think UF was not too far off on closing with these players and they would have made the class solid in every position group.

The class would have 24 commits with 8 in the (1-150 range) and 8 in the (151-300 range)

I think if the Gators can reach these minimum targets in each class going forward, the final ranking will be between #3 - #10 every year.

Years with no composite five-star commits, like this year, would be capped in the #7-10 range

However, with five-star recruits added, higher rankings become possible.

If the 2024 class added Jerrick Gibson and Charles Lester III with high to medium rated players covering all position groups mixed in a relatively uniform distribution, things greatly improve.

Using the 247 2024 class calculator, with those three 5-stars included with 8+ top 150 and 8+ top 300 and minimum 22 commits, the score ranges from 290-300+.

That would have been good for the #4 class in 2023 and likely similar in 2024.

8+ < 150 16+ < 300 with total commits > 22 seem like reasonable yearly targets to return Gators football to elite status.

Suppose that the 2024 class ended up at #4 and 2025 at #6 (fewer five stars), joining the 2023 class which I view as around #8 in quality (not quantity).

#8, #4, #6, those three classes back to back are only a good QB away from being contenders. DJ Lagway definitely looks like he could be that guy.

In order for UF to pull in consistent top-5 and occasional top-3 classes like before under Urban, I think several things have to change in the arena:
1. Florida legislation needs to be less restrictive
2. The UF admin needs to be more compromising when it comes to sports and what it takes to win
3. The coaching staff needs to be able and willing to do everything that top competitors are doing at Bama/OSU/Ga
4. The Donors and Boosters need to organize efficiently and effectively at all levels to execute a shared vision with a strong desire to win. The resources are there.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Looking back at the 2023 class, it's interesting to see how close UF was to a solid group by every measure.

If you add Jaden Rashada, Lucas Simmons, Jordan Hall (LB from IMG), and Kayden McDonald the final score is 283.60. That would be the #8 class.

I think UF was not too far off on closing with these players and they would have made the class solid in every position group.

The class would have 24 commits with 8 in the (1-150 range) and 8 in the (151-300 range)

I think if the Gators can reach these minimum targets in each class going forward, the final ranking will be between #3 - #10 every year.

Years with no composite five-star commits, like this year, would be capped in the #7-10 range

If the 2024 class added Jerrick Gibson and Charles Lester III with high to medium rated players covering all position groups mixed in a relatively uniform distribution, things greatly improve.

Using the 247 2024 class calculator, with those three 5-stars included with 8+ top 150 and 8+ top 300 and minimum 22 commits, the score ranges from 290-300+.

8+ < 150 16+ < 300 with total commits > 22 seem like reasonable yearly targets to return Gators football to elite status.

Suppose that the 2024 class ended up at #4 and 2025 at #6 (fewer five stars), joining the 2023 class which I view as around #8 in quality (not quantity).

#8, #4, #6, those three classes back to back are only a good QB away from being contenders. DJ Lagway definitely looks like he could be that guy.

In order for UF to pull in consistent top-5 and occasional top-3 classes like before under Urban, I think several things have to change in the arena:
2. The UF admin needs to be more compromising when it comes to sports and what it takes to win
3. The coaching staff needs to be able and willing to do everything that top competitors are doing at Bama/OSU/Ga
4. The Donors and Boosters need to organize efficiently and effectively at all levels to execute a shared vision with a strong desire to win. The resources are there.
Sounds great! When do you take over for Strictlin?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

I think we have #3 already, yet they are the only ones that can possibly be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb