Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU has been saying for months that #1 CB Desmond Ricks has been a silent. He just released his Top 10. And guess who’s missing? EVEN BETTER YET - look
Who replaced them. JSU!

Btw - he’ll be at the UF bbq on July 30th.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
JubilantImpishBirdofparadise-max-1mb.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Blue Chip better get up to GA. This state is loaded for 2024 recruits.

Buford alone has 3 top recruits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Both the number 1 and 2 receivers are from South Florida.

Strangely enough they are both probably trending toward Ohio State. Ohio State is absolutely cherry picking Florida right now. Even bigger than Alabama.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Not ‘24, but ‘23– 4 star QB Chris Parson just decommitted. Deuces! Replacing him with a Kanell hoser

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A 5* QB is calling UF his dream school, so that's....nice.

@zach_goodall: QB @DerekLagway is making his way back to Florida, his "dream school," this weekend for Friday Night Lights and the #Gators recruit cookout.

"I'm only going to Florida this week, I'm excited to get back up there."

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I suspect he won't want to take the chance of sitting behind Manning for two or more years, so Texas wouldn't concern me much.

Very true. I'm just throwing them into the mix because of locale and their deep pockets.

But, since you bring it up, unless Texas' NIL deal to Manning breaks their bank, and I doubt it will, it would be unwise of Sark to NOT bring in more talent to push Manning.

Getting a 5* QB really helps with recruiting of other positions. UGA seemed to snap up most all 5-star QBs in the SE over a 4 year period, AND managed them badly, but did pretty good with their recruiting of other skill players based on having them committed and on campus. It also prevented (or slowed) them from going to their SEC rivals.

In the end, I hope he's a Gator but in the day of NIL, never discount oil money.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Very true. I'm just throwing them into the mix because of locale and their deep pockets.

But, since you bring it up, unless Texas' NIL deal to Manning breaks their bank, and I doubt it will, it would be unwise of Sark to NOT bring in more talent to push Manning.

Getting a 5* QB really helps with recruiting of other positions. UGA seemed to snap up most all 5-star QBs in the SE over a 4 year period, AND managed them badly, but did pretty good with their recruiting of other skill players based on having them committed and on campus. It also prevented (or slowed) them from going to their SEC rivals.

In the end, I hope he's a Gator but in the day of NIL, never discount oil money.
I have no doubt Sark would love to get this guy and will recruit him, but it would be foolish of Lagway to consider Texas. Manning would have to prove to be a complete bust for him to not be given every chance to get and keep the QB job, He's too high profile for anything else. There's no doubt Lagway would push Manning, which would be good for Manning and Texas, but what's in it for Lagway?

No many places have pulled of what Ugly did in getting Eason, Fromm, and Fields in back to back to back classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.