Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But if the business that’s giving, the NIL is in the town, and they have to make local appearances, or do local things, they won’t be able to do that if they are at a different college doing a different NIL deal. I’m pretty sure they can construct language to that effect.

Not on NIL are local, QB from USC (formerly Oklahoma) is with Dr Pepper. We had a few players with Outback a few years back. I get what you are saying, but the NIL contracts and their eligibility in the NCAA are two different types of contracts. The system is broke, no question. But it's broke because the NCAA choose to ignore it until it was too late to get a real structure on it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was looking at the numbers with the at the time 19 commits and 6/7 players entering the portal, we are still at 86 out of a possible 85 scholarship players for 24. How is Napier going to get more talented roster in the portal without a few more cast offs.

I have no issue with most of the in game coaching complaints, depth chart issues, cultural fit, etc... but us losing players to the portal is what we need in order to bring in more talented players in the portal and recruiting.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was looking at the numbers with the at the time 19 commits and 6/7 players entering the portal, we are still at 86 out of a possible 85 scholarship players for 24. How is Napier going to get more talented roster in the portal without a few more cast offs.

I have no issue with most of the in game coaching complaints, depth chart issues, cultural fit, etc... but us losing players to the portal is what we need in order to bring in more talented players in the portal and recruiting.
The problem so far is that he jettisons kids, but too often back fills with worse.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The problem so far is that he jettisons kids, but too often back fills with worse.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We arent replacing McClellan. Or Kamari for that matter. Those kind of kids arent the ones on the portal most of the time. (Or starting All SEC OL for that matter.) Not sure what was up with Kamari but it seems he wasnt vibing with the staff. That wasnt unexpected.

This time last year we were saying that the evidence that Billy was building brick by brick was the best players on defense appeared to be McClellan and Shemar.

Coaching changes are stressful to the kids and some decide move on. Generally it is to move back home closer to mama.

This is why I still need us focusing more on Jax to Tampa corridor and mayne south Georgia. I know Billy & Company dont really have any connections in Florida and seem to recruit best in Louisiana, Texas, and Georgia but there has to be (this staff and the next) a concerted effort to landing staffers with Florida recruiting chops and an extreme focus on that.

Speaking of brick by brick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113-111244.png
    Screenshot_20231113-111244.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 26

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We arent replacing McClellan. Or Kamari for that matter. Those kind of kids arent the ones on the portal most of the time. (Or starting All SEC OL for that matter.) Not sure what was up with Kamari but it seems he wasnt vibing with the staff. That wasnt unexpected.

This time last year we were saying that the evidence that Billy was building brick by brick was the best players on defense appeared to be McClellan and Shemar.

Coaching changes are stressful to the kids and some decide move on. Generally it is to move back home closer to mama.

This is why I still need us focusing more on Jax to Tampa corridor and mayne south Georgia. I know Billy & Company dont really have any connections in Florida and seem to recruit best in Louisiana, Texas, and Georgia but there has to be (this staff and the next) a concerted effort to landing staffers with Florida recruiting chops and an extreme focus on that.

Agian, I don't disagree... all I'm saying it we are at a number's impasse. We don't even have enough space for our current commits. And I'm not one to say William Napier's plan is working, because I've been pretty vocal about how I feel about it. I'm just saying, we had to cut some of the fat if he is going to get anyone else or keep the 19 we currently have committed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agian, I don't disagree... all I'm saying it we are at a number's impasse. We don't even have enough space for our current commits.

Everyone is at a numbers impasse. It is basic math. Teams sign 25ish players a year, but we will still have 6th/7th year COVID seniors til 2027 I guess, but no relief from the 85 man roster limits.

Kamari and McClellan will find seats but I suspect a huge portion of these kids entering the transfer portal go absolutely no where.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone is at a numbers impasse. It is basic math. Teams sign 25ish players a year, but we will still have 6th/7th year COVID seniors til 2027 I guess, but no relief from the 85 man roster limits.

Kamari and McClellan will find seats but I suspect a huge portion of these kids entering the transfer portal go absolutely no where.
Which is my point, most of these guys, and probably a several more on our roster. Won't find seats elsewhere, and really shouldn't be on ours. Between what Mullen and ole Napier have done.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Not on NIL are local, QB from USC (formerly Oklahoma) is with Dr Pepper. We had a few players with Outback a few years back. I get what you are saying, but the NIL contracts and their eligibility in the NCAA are two different types of contracts. The system is broke, no question. But it's broke because the NCAA choose to ignore it until it was too late to get a real structure on it.
This will add to the conversation. The NCAA is still trying to get a handle on this and they are heading down a path that will end in straight up putting athletes on salary, salary caps and unions:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015

Pearsall Official to the draft

Loved how that kid played since day one. I was at the Charlotte game and saw the catch, and I’ll be forever grateful for being there for that. Easily one of the top five football catches I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Thank you so much Ricky for all you’ve done for us I’m just bummed we weren’t ever able to put a competitive team around him.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Loved how that kid played since day one. I was at the Charlotte game and saw the catch, and I’ll be forever grateful for being there for that. Easily one of the top five football catches I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Thank you so much Ricky for all you’ve done for us I’m just bummed we weren’t ever able to put a competitive team around him.
IHNF Pearsall Jumpman Art.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator