Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Urban gets it.
prayer GIF

ted

Aug 24, 2019
You are aware that the supreme court says there is no right to do any of this ****, right? You don't own these kids.
You are correct, you can’t inhibit a student’s right to change where the gain an education just because they are an athlete.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching & player development. We can land top 5 recruiting classes and get the best players the portal has to offer but it won’t make a bit of difference with this staff because they suck. That’s the reality, plain & simple.
This. It’s funny how quickly everyone forgets how many games Bangz blundered away with his on the field coaching. He eventually got his roster so loaded that it didn’t matter he’s a complete buffoon that has to have someone hold him back on the sideline like a slow kid with a helmet and crayons.

That, and it didn’t hurt that Bama’s best offensive weapons and Ohio States best offensive weapon left their respective games with injuries.

Still, it helps to have the roster they have.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Okay, alternate scenario.

How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have all 3 timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball and we strip it and recover the ball at mid-field. Needing only a FG to tie, but with a great opportunity to push for the winning TD, Sun Belt Billy sends the first team offense on the field. The Gator fans are going wild and the stadium is deafeningly loud. The momentum is ours and all of us Gator faithful sense that something special might happen. We’re all thinking Mertz is going to throw the ball deep to our star WR. Instead, Billy has Mertz take a knee and he lets the game clock tick down to 0:00. The stadium goes silent as we all sit in stunned disbelief. The TV reporter meets Billy at midfield for post game comments and asks him why he didn’t try to score. Billy proceeds to compliment Cristobal and says he’s a great coach running a great program. He said because Miami outplayed us the entire game, he didn’t feel right about winning a game where Miami obviously made a silly mistake. He proceeds to say that the high character, right thing to do is take the knee and not take advantage of people when they’re down. Billy also said this would be a learning experience for all the Gator players hurting in the locker room and that someday they’ll be Champions of Life.

Stricklin and Billy meet Sunday morning after the game and Scotty promptly extends Billy’s contract by 5 years and bumps his annual salary to $10.5m. :lol: :lol: :lol:
People were speculating that maybe you were on drugs. But it's pretty clear that you have a traumatic brain injury.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This. It’s funny how quickly everyone forgets how many games Bangz blundered away with his on the field coaching. He eventually got his roster so loaded that it didn’t matter he’s a complete buffoon that has to have someone hold him back on the sideline like a slow kid with a helmet and crayons.

That, and it didn’t hurt that Bama’s best offensive weapons and Ohio States best offensive weapon left their respective games with injuries.

He won the dang sec in year 2 and went 11-1. Acting like he put up Napier numbers is freaking retarded.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

He's 81-15 in 7 seasons.
I don't think we need to debate this any further.
Thanks.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He won the dang sec in year 2 and went 11-1. Acting like he put up Napier numbers is freaking retarded.
Right. I guess the point I’m making is that no one would ever get Bowl cut confused with Bill Walsh, Belichick or Lombardi, but he eventually stockpiled enough talent that it didn’t matter either way. That 2017 team of theirs was not devoid of talent, but compared to the 2021 team, they were the Carolina Panthers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Right. I guess the point I’m making is that no one would ever get Bowl cut confused with Bill Walsh, Belichick or Lombardi, but he eventually stockpiled enough talent that it didn’t matter either way. That 2017 team of theirs was not devoid of talent, but compared to the 2021 team, they were the Carolina Panthers.
Eventually stockpiled? The dude won the sec in year 2 and played for or won damn near every national championship since. I don't even know what the hell you're trying to articulate.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He's 81-15 in 7 seasons.
I don't think we need to debate this any further.
Thanks.
I see. Does that have more to do with his recruiting or coaching?

Don’t misunderstand me, their player development up there is good, but his recruiting is his best asset

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Comparatively speaking, that is a coaching attribute that we have certainly been bereft.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What in the cinnamon toast fck difference does it make? Is it somehow less cool to win bc you out talented vs out playcalled someone? Dominant winning is dominant winning.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I also enjoy how we lose our best player bc he wants to be better developed for the next level and all of a sudden he sucks.

We love trashing our kids when they agree with us about the staff and want to move on. Any one of us would move on from tater in an instant if we could but we trash the few who can.

Our anger needs to be pointed at tater tard, not etn.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I see. Does that have more to do with his recruiting or coaching?

Don’t misunderstand me, their player development up there is good, but his recruiting is his best asset
Well, You could give Napier Ga's talent, and wouldn't get 10 wins.
Player development is Coaching.
Scheme is coaching.
Getting the right assistants to build your PROGRAM, is coaching.
Getting your team ready to play every week and performing at a top level, every week, is damn sure Coaching.
Yes, In College, Recruiting is Coaching.

Kirby has developed a machine, a true PROGRAM, in every meaning of the word.
To say, it's just because he has great players is naive and....one might say jealous.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

He’s this guy compared to slingblade
Stephen Hawking GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me go a step further…there are innovators who get a jump on the opposition and have success, but after what they are doing successfully schematically has been put on tape and / or they hit the post-season clinic tours and speak on facets of their programs, often their innovations aren’t quite as successful simply on the merit of the playbook. The consistent winners, as the old coaching axiom says, understand that “it’s not about the X’s and O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s” and they work like hell to get the best players they can to develop and run their system at a high level. Saban is a great coach, but I’ve heard him speak and he is quick to tell you that it’s no big secret…get the best players and a bunch of them and winning is a lot easier.

The last time I saw Kirby was in 2018 at the GHSA State Championsips in Atl. His Alma mater was playing and he had a couple of kids on participating teams he wanted to wish good luck. He stopped and spoke to a couple of us old timers and then quickly departed for the airport to go make a home visit down in Miami. The guy, whatever else you may think of him, is a tireless recruiter and has obviously started figuring out how to make the portal work for him. Until we get someone with similar drive and vision, we will struggle to be mediocre, much less elite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.