Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m not. You’re scrambling and backpedaling because you know you’re wrong & I’m right.
Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
How many cripples do we expect to attend the games?
every damn seat has to be 21" wide to "accommodate the disabled"... and by "disabled," I think it means "America got fat." I'll say it for the millionth time over the last 10 years, the original "horseshoe" part of the stadium was grandfathered under ADA, but any significant renovation requires you to make it 100% compliant which means the wider seat width and widening all the aisles in the stadium and adding hand rails...

GatorInGeorgia probably thinks the low urinals are for kids when actually they are for "little people," like URG

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's still doing the math on how you turn 18" wide bench seats into 21" wide ADA compliant bench seats without losing seating capacity.... it'll be awhile.
Sounds to me like we got a fatty issue that shouldn't be on us to solve, put down the sugar and hit the gym you type 2 slob! Over my dead body will we add more rascal parking spots!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Sounds to me like we got a fatty issue that shouldn't be on us to solve, put down the sugar and hit the gym you type 2 slob! Over my dead body will we add more rascal parking spots!
We also have to change the slope angle of all the ramps to accommodate the battery power of said rascals!

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He's still doing the math on how you turn 18" wide bench seats into 21" wide ADA compliant bench seats without losing seating capacity.... it'll be awhile.

If you run the math, having a 3" increase on the seats in one part of the stadium still doesn't compute why there would be a 20% reduction in overall capacity.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If you run the math, having a 3" increase on the seats in one part of the stadium still doesn't compute why there would be a 20% reduction in overall capacity.
And the aisles widths, and whatever else they are doing.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ve got $100 that says the far right stall door of Section 63’s men’s room still doesn’t actually close when all this is done.
I believe that one is scheduled to be converted to one of those "Olympic Johns" with the parallel bars for ADA compliance, thus eliminating one of the other stalls.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Assuming Deet's numbers are right (major risk I know), it does account for a 17% seating reduction immediately across the vast majority of the stadium.

Separately, I think there is still the ability to get continuing exceptions, especially if endzone or one particular area was made more compliant. But, that is not the goal. The goal is the major, and unnecessary, overhaul. It is only because we are doing that overhaul that we need to adjust all of the seating.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m with ya on Stricklin, but the seat reduction is almost entirely due to making the original part of the stadium (all but North end zone) ADA compliant. It’s not a choice if we make renovations, it’s law.
This is horse****. Go look at current new build NFL stadiums. Every seat every aisle, every parking spot doesnt have to be handicapable, just some.

As others have said, plenty of other stadiums have "upgraded" without making every seat and aisle ADA compliant and without losing 20,000 seats.

This is the cookie for the big donors, more boxes, more luxury boxes etc.... WHICH IM OK WITH... but it should be done by adding boxes like on the west wall all the way around or something.

I think they are totally comfortable with 7-5 someday if Fuchstard can ever get the 5:1 talent advantage necessary for his stupid ass to beat the UKs and Arkys of the world, 70,000 seat stadium as long as the seats are 2-3x as expensive. Businesses will pay a lot to have a box to show off every now and then.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Assuming Deet's numbers are right (major risk I know), it does account for a 17% seating reduction immediately across the vast majority of the stadium.

Separately, I think there is still the ability to get continuing exceptions, especially if endzone or one particular area was made more compliant. But, that is not the goal. The goal is the major, and unnecessary, overhaul. It is only because we are doing that overhaul that we need to adjust all of the seating.

A lot of the later additions to the stadium are ADA compliant, so you wouldn't need to apply wholesale throughout the rebuild. Which is why something's not adding up. And, as you said, there's ways to get continuing exemptions, so the University's explanations continue to make zero sense.

The Swamp has sold out multiple times these last few seasons, so a continuing lack of demand isn't an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.