Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Still no DL coach. Good lord.

No way Raymond and Spencer got fired. No way.

They jumped before the train went over the cliff.
cliff jump GIF by State Champs
Since so many players Simple signed want to leave I could see it. But OTOH, their units failed as well. Either way, simple is failing the program. Its just so hard to know what is actual. Did they leave unexpectedly so Simple was caught unprepared to conduct a search? The only thing that seems clear is that he does not have control.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s be honest, all our admin cares about is being a top 5 public university and making it extremely hard for high school kids from Florida to get in. Sports are merely an afterthought

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Let’s be honest, all our admin cares about is being a top 5 public university and making it extremely hard for high school kids from Florida to get in. Sports are merely an afterthought
News flash: it’s the same % of Florida kids that it’s always been. It’s been mandated by law for decades.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have wondered if the university heads want to be more academic focused and care much less about sports. In other words, they’d have no problem if we were like Vandy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

As someone who routinely checks in on rival boards, such as miami, tenn and uga, I can tell you I’ve heard those very words(not the actual ranking itself) posted a million time over the years. Football is an afterthought. The administration doesn’t care. Never going to be on Alabama’s level. Etc. Yet, all of them have made major moves in support of football recently. Not because they changed, but because that was never the case. It just appear that way when the program sucks. Again, just a reminder, Napier got literally everything he asked for when he took this job. The Heavener is insane. Dorms are night and day. Staff of 100 people. On and on. I won’t deny that Foley let it slip away and we were way behind. But those things wouldn’t be in place if the admin wasn’t trying and caring, even if to a degree against their will. Our problems are with our head coach not performing. Nothing else.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
As someone who routinely checks in on rival boards, such as miami, tenn and uga, I can tell you I’ve heard those very words(not the actual ranking itself) posted a million time over the years. Football is an afterthought. The administration doesn’t care. Never going to be on Alabama’s level. Etc. Yet, all of them have made major moves in support of football recently. Not because they changed, but because that was never the case. It just appear that way when the program sucks. Again, just a reminder, Napier got literally everything he asked for when he took this job. The Heavener is insane. Dorms are night and day. Staff of 100 people. On and on. I won’t deny that Foley let it slip away and we were way behind. But those things wouldn’t be in place if the admin wasn’t trying and caring, even if to a degree against their will. Our problems are with our head coach not performing. Nothing else.

TLDR; I disagree

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
6'6" 310 lbs.

Bigun.

This is exactly what the portal should be about. Adding experience and immediate impact by identifying lower level guys that may have ended up playing at a higher level than recruiting initially projected. Not this shuffling of P5 players that weren’t good at their current school, and trading old dead weight for new dead weight. Especially along the OL it’s about collegiate level S&C and experience. So to me this is a really good pickup.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This is exactly what the portal should be about. Adding experience and immediate impact by identifying lower level guys that may have ended up playing at a higher level than recruiting initially projected. Not this shuffling of P5 players that weren’t good at their current school, and trading old dead weight for new dead weight. Especially along the OL it’s about collegiate level S&C and experience. So to me this is a really good pickup.
Get Tarquin back to be roomies with him and they can talk about the old days way out west!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A couple more big uglies and we're solid. Tarquin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.