Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: 5* CB Cormani McClain headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He and Moten weren’t good.
Weren't good? They were a fuchsing tragedy back there.

I dont think we've even had Sunbelt level safety play for like 6 years. I honestly have no clue what they are trying to do on most plays.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but now we're at 11 of 20 of first class... Is it talent evaluation or development? I think it's development but **** ..
Both? Other than ETN, I doubt any of them are wanted by a decent team.

It really puts the dent in "wait til The Billy gets his players though" doesn't it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
two seasons of OJT and he leaves us for someone else
A Texas recruit goes home to Texas first chance he gets. surprise surprise.

And yet we spend most of our time recruiting Texas and Louisiana.... followed by Alabama.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Weren't good? They were a fuchsing tragedy back there.

I dont think we've even had Sunbelt level safety play for like 6 years. I honestly have no clue what they are trying to do on most plays.

Never thought I’d be praying for Stiner to get a 7th year of eligibility.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Actually we need starters. The guys that remain are the quality of backups. We need better players and much better coaching on all 3 levels of defense.
How incapable could our roster have been and will be? Part of that is on staff- who they put on the field. But the other part is, as you stated, we need better coaching. But is the coaching and coordinating part of the equation already lost? Can our DC coordinate with his position coaches? Last season it looked like our DBs didn’t know what to do after the snap and lacked the instinct to make plays. Is our talent AND coaching below our conference opponents? Seems that with great coaching and scheme even three star players should be able to play the game. Our players have been playing the game all their lives. With recruiting going as it is, we cannot wait on a Georgia two deep to win. That’s not going to happen. Staff has to make the difference in games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our talent isnt below SEC level. This is and always was a giant pile of horse****. We arent elite, cant compete with the top 5-7 teams but when Slingblade took over it was a top 15 roster using any metric or recruiting service you choose.

It wasnt DEVELOPED talent, but it was talent. Mullen was below average at developing talent and Slingblade & Circus are abject failures.

We have no business losing to the UKs, Arkys, Utahs and other 30th-ish ranked teams. That is complete incompetence on the cosching staff.

Over the last decade we are probably the worst underperforming team with top 15 talent, with almost no doubt in my mind.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
These guys have reached the head scratching and “what are we doing phase.” Say we’re whiffing in the portal while other schools are already filling spots. This is embarrassing.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Have faith, stand on the track and take a selfie. Those flashing lights are just a decoration.

Nothing to see here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Our talent isnt below SEC level. This is and always was a giant pile of horse****. We arent elite, cant compete with the top 5-7 teams but when Slingblade took over it was a top 15 roster using any metric or recruiting service you choose.

It wasnt DEVELOPED talent, but it was talent. Mullen was below average at developing talent and Slingblade & Circus are abject failures.

We have no business losing to the UKs, Arkys, Utahs and other 30th-ish ranked teams. That is complete incompetence on the cosching staff.

Over the last decade we are probably the worst underperforming team with top 15 talent, with almost no doubt in my mind.

Feels like you could go either way on him getting fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator