Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 4* LB Myles Johnson commits to UF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The jobs aren't linked anymore, at least at Florida. Stricklin's job is completely safe even if UF goes 0-12.
Exactly. They're not gonna fire both of em and have and ad and coaching search at the same time

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There isn't a revenue problem. There hasn't been a revenue problem the last two seasons, and there won't be next year. Or the year after that. Or the year after that. College football is now like the NFL - it's impossible not to make tens of millions of dollars. There wouldn't be a revenue problem even if every single seat at BHG Stadium was empty on Saturday. They are wiping their asses with 100 dollar bills no matter how the Gators perform. They view Scott Stricklin as a GREAT money raiser. That's all they care about. They view that as his job and he's good at it (in their minds).

Like you, I want Stricklin fired, just like I wanted Foley fired. It's not happening. I have no idea why you suddenly think it would. They named an effing wing of a building after Jeremy Foley. Stricklin may end up with a statue next to Spurrier. They're deranged. They've been deranged ever since they hired Zook, and then asked Spurrier for a resume. Foley should have been fired in 2002, the moment Zook's signature was dry on that contract.

You say there’s not a revenue problem, but there is. It’s only beginning to emerge, but it’s there. I’m already getting emails about ticket combo specials, which we haven’t done in years. Again, was there at the Samford game in 2021 and have pics of Fuchs looking miserably out at a 1/4 filled stadium. They can pretend math doesn’t matter all they want, but like all aspects of life, in the end it still does. Barring a great season, OM will probably be playing a neutral site game in November.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Exactly. They're not gonna fire both of em and have and ad and coaching search at the same time

Ever? So in a 3-9 scenario with recruiting in the toilet, who stays? Stricklin? To make a third hire after the results of his first two swings? Not to mention the off the field issues. Or are you suggesting they both get ‘25? Sort of irrelevant, because both contentions are wrong.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You say there’s not a revenue problem, but there is. It’s only beginning to emerge, but it’s there. I’m already getting emails about ticket combo specials, which we haven’t done in years. Again, was there at the Samford game in 2021 and have pics of Fuchs looking miserably out at a 1/4 filled stadium. They can pretend math doesn’t matter all they want, but like all aspects of life, in the end it still does. Barring a great season, OM will probably be playing a neutral site game in November.
There's a difference between a revenue "problem" and them trying to make as much money as possible. They would still profit incredibly without a single season ticket sold.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There's a difference between a revenue "problem" and them trying to make as much money as possible. They would still profit incredibly without a single season ticket sold.

Really? The ticket office is no longer a set face value model. They’ve implemented basically an OTC market approach where they’ll almost give tickets away to the nothing games while charging the current fair market price(no idea how they’re deriving that) for the more enticing games. While it’s absolutely their right to do so, in my 44 years of life they’ve never done that. Basically they’re scalping tickets.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really? The ticket office is no longer a set face value model. They’ve implemented basically an OTC market approach where they’ll almost give tickets away to the nothing games while charging the current fair market price(no idea how they’re deriving that) for the more enticing games. While it’s absolutely their right to do so, in my 44 years of life they’ve never done that. Basically they’re scalping tickets.
I realize you're scraping at anything you can to support your wishful-thinking fantasy that Scott Stricklin is going to get fired. If Jeremy Foley (who single handedly destroyed Gator sports) can't get fired, no one can. Hell, Foley is still hanging around the program!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I realize you're scraping at anything you can to support your wishful-thinking fantasy that Scott Stricklin is going to get fired. If Jeremy Foley (who single handedly destroyed Gator sports) can't get fired, no one can. Hell, Foley is still hanging around the program!

If ever elected President my first order of business would be to ban you for a week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Part of me wishes I could pull a @Swamp Donkey and have a "suicide by mod" moment in order to get me away from the board for a while. A break could do me some good, but I just can't seem to stay away.

I’d make a prostitute reference, but probably the closest thing to you would be Silhouettes, and that’s all the way down in Jensen. I95 traffic, all that construction. It just seems like a lot.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1720638190997.png

Animated GIF

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
There still exist a thing call “noise in the system” Napier chits the bed this year it’s going to make this place look like Sunday school.
There will be blood Napiers and Strickland.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ever? So in a 3-9 scenario with recruiting in the toilet, who stays? Stricklin? To make a third hire after the results of his first two swings? Not to mention the off the field issues. Or are you suggesting they both get ‘25? Sort of irrelevant, because both contentions are wrong.
I'm suggesting Napier gets fired and striklin stays. I don't think striklin would have just gotten a 100k bonus if he was on thin ice. And I don't think theres any chance at all Napier stays at 3-9. Who would hire a coach if we don't have an ad? I'm just not sure how that would unfold. Surely they're not gonna can em at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      Mamab