Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wiggins will be next.
You think? He’s been on campus quite a bit.

Peyton Joseph had not been spending any time on campus and had actually been at FSU quite a bit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 and On3 have been pretty adamant that the class is going to sit relatively light until this fall. A lot of the players are waiting to see the on-field product this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
247 and On3 have been pretty adamant that the class is going to sit relatively light until this fall. A lot of the players are waiting to see the on-field product this year.
In summary:

poop flying GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
yeah and most of the kids are committed by August. classes change very little after that these days

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah and most of the kids are committed by August. classes change very little after that these days
They are. And then you normally have the finishing touches come on in the first half of December.

So I’m not sure how this class is going to turn out well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They are. And then you normally have the finishing touches come on in the first half of December.

So I’m not sure how this class is going to turn out well.

That’s why it’s embarrassingly comical when people, including sports writers, accuse fans of not giving a head coach time and being too quick to pull the plug. It simply doesn’t work that way in college football. Let’s say hypothetically we stay the course with Napier despite a 6-7 win season this this year because of “the schedule”. The constant discussion of his job security, combined with the lack of on-field results and development, will be enough to crush any chance of a good ‘25 class. So that means even if we held onto guys like DJ and LJ, by the time they’re taking the reins in ‘25, they’re being surrounded by three straight classes outside the Top-10, and therefore are the bright spots on an overall underwhelming team talent-wise. That equals another somewhere around .500 type season, more questions about Napier’s future, and further recruiting declines. It just doesn’t work. The portal/free agency element helps, but it doesn’t change reality.

As great as Tebow was in 2008, he depended heavily on guys from the ‘07 and ‘08 classes. Even as strong as the ‘06 class was, if those classes that followed were subpar because of a lack of performance, then there are no Pounceys, Wrights, Demps, Raineys, Dunlap, Janoris, etc. It’s why many of us called the Arkansas game last year the end of his run here. I wasn’t even expecting competitiveness in the three outings that followed, so that was his chance to at least get a bowl game and capitalize on the massive recruiting weekend. He failed, in part due to poor preparation(first two drives), in part due to stubbornness with the RB rotation(see who got us back in it and have us the lead), and in part due to his insistence on not having a STs coach. The failure that day was a great synopsis of his time here and why it will most likely be ending this fall. Nothing that we could do on the trail with current HS Jrs has any chance to help him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s why it’s embarrassingly comical when people, including sports writers, accuse fans of not giving a head coach time and being too quick to pull the plug. It simply doesn’t work that way in college football. Let’s say hypothetically we stay the course with Napier despite a 6-7 win season this this year because of “the schedule”. The constant discussion of his job security, combined with the lack of on-field results and development, will be enough to crush any chance of a good ‘25 class. So that means even if we held onto guys like DJ and LJ, by the time they’re taking the reins in ‘25, they’re being surrounded by three straight classes outside the Top-10, and therefore are the bright spots on an overall underwhelming team talent-wise. That equals another somewhere around .500 type season, more questions about Napier’s future, and further recruiting declines. It just doesn’t work. The portal/free agency element helps, but it doesn’t change reality.

As great as Tebow was in 2008, he depended heavily on guys from the ‘07 and ‘08 classes. Even as strong as the ‘06 class was, if those classes that followed were subpar because of a lack of performance, then there are no Pounceys, Wrights, Demps, Raineys, Dunlap, Janoris, etc. It’s why many of us called the Arkansas game last year the end of his run here. I wasn’t even expecting competitiveness in the three outings that followed, so that was his chance to at least get a bowl game and capitalize on the massive recruiting weekend. He failed, in part due to poor preparation(first two drives), in part due to stubbornness with the RB rotation(see who got us back in it and have us the lead), and in part due to his insistence on not having a STs coach. The failure that day was a great synopsis of his time here and why it will most likely be ending this fall. Nothing that we could do on the trail with current HS Jrs has any chance to help him.

If he wins less than 8 he should be canned. He has a really good QB. No excuses.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If he wins less than 8 he should be canned. He has a really good QB. No excuses.

I fully agree. But again, I just don’t think that would do enough to salvage this class. As you and law mentioned, it would be too late to make a major rise. That puts us at 4 straight classes outside the Top-10, which he’s proven he can’t win with. I think he has to knock it out of the park this season, with like 9+, to change the view. Anything less and we’re just kicking the can by not making a move.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I fully agree. But again, I just don’t think that would do enough to salvage this class. As you and law mentioned, it would be too late to make a major rise. That puts us at 4 straight classes outside the Top-10, which he’s proven he can’t win with. I think he has to knock it out of the park this season, with like 9+, to change the view. Anything less and we’re just kicking the can by not making a move.
You’re correct. This class is shot if he’s fired. Unless the admin does something completely uncharacteristic and hires somebody like Urban Meyer.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
The only thing that will make a great class in more NIL money. I personally don't think a college athlete should get a dime for their athletic prowess, but that's just me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re correct. This class is shot if he’s fired. Unless the admin does something completely uncharacteristic and hires somebody like Urban Meyer.

Well, I’m actually saying it’s shot either way. Outside of some massive fall campaign, indicating the last two years were the outlier, this year was always going to be 2015-esque. We'd need to not only win a ton, but also have DJ be a major part of that success in order for ‘26 to be back in play for a great class. All of that seems about as likely as B52 becoming a TikTok star, but hey, stranger things may have happened.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I’m actually saying it’s shot either way. Outside of some massive fall campaign, indicating the last two years were the outlier, this year was always going to be 2015-esque. We'd need to not only win a ton, but also have DJ be a major part of that success in order for ‘26 to be back in play for a great class. All of that seems about as likely as B52 becoming a TikTok star, but hey, stranger things may have happened.
You must not have seen B52s tiktok account

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He might deserve it, and if the season goes South, maybe no way to avoid it. But that would mean Stricklin hires the next coach and I doubt it's something he wants to do and might not have the next great coach available.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He might deserve it, and if the season goes South, maybe no way to avoid it. But that would mean Stricklin hires the next coach and I doubt it's something he wants to do and might not have the next great coach available.
If you pay enough, great coaches will become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator