Family pet thread

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Lost our family pet a few months ago. It’s very tough.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Glory on the left and her son Trouble on the right. He was the lone survivor of her first litter, hung around together at the apartment we used to live at and when we moved, they came with us and have been perfect house cats.

40017355_2111222852284112_1195784784299687936_n.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 11372
This is Triton. We lost him last night. He was 11 1/2 years old and loved to watch Gator games w' me on the back porch. Worlds best wide retriever! We love him so much!
Go Gators!

Raz
So sorry to hear about you losing Triton. He looks like he was a really cool guy and had a long and I'm quite sure a very happy life.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This is Triton. We lost him last night. He was 11 1/2 years old and loved to watch Gator games w' me on the back porch. Worlds best wide retriever! We love him so much!
Go Gators!
Far too young. He looks like a real hoot.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meet The Nugz. The funniest looking one of our four dogs.
6c7997ebd24ae94809b2b7d7c86e5cf5.jpg
Raz trust me I know what you're going through. 2 weeks ago we lost The Nugz. He was only 6. Had an accident around the house after he got into some place he never should have gotten into. I don't want to share the details but we are freaking crushed. Especially my wife, who is the consummate "dog lady." Our dogs are her babies. I wasn't home when she found his body and as you can imagine she is still reliving every minute of it and blaming herself for not being able to save him. And I was halfway across the country feeling about as helpless as you can feel.

Nugs was the baby of the pack and the life of the party. Truly a one in a million dog. Even with 4 other dogs around here it just seems way too quiet now. We buried his ashes in a little ceremony with some friends and family and I blubbered like a little baby as did pretty much everyone else.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Raz trust me I know what you're going through. 2 weeks ago we lost The Nugz. He was only 6. Had an accident around the house after he got into some place he never should have gotten into. I don't want to share the details but we are freaking crushed. Especially my wife, who is the consummate "dog lady." Our dogs are her babies. I wasn't home when she found his body and as you can imagine she is still reliving every minute of it and blaming herself for not being able to save him. And I was halfway across the country feeling about as helpless as you can feel.

Nugs was the baby of the pack and the life of the party. Truly a one in a million dog. Even with 4 other dogs around here it just seems way too quiet now. We buried his ashes in a little ceremony with some friends and family and I blubbered like a little baby as did pretty much everyone else.
I’m so sorry for your loss, Zambo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is Zuma (Left) and Pismo (Right) Pismo was my our first dog when my wife and I started dating. We were living in NYC and came to visit her Mom in California on vacation. I had to have him when we saw him as a puppy. He was the goofiest looking puppy I’d ever seen. He was a Boxer/Lab mix. He’s probably about 7-8 in this pic. He was our first child. He road cross country with us in our U-Haul when we moved west. A real trooper. He was our ring bearer in our wedding. We had to put him down when he was about 13 We still have his run of ashes.

Zuma, in this pic, was just about 1 1/2. She LOVED her some Pismo. We also adopted her and she’s a Mcnab. She wouldn’t leave Pismo’s side for nothing. She wore him out. Zuma still lives with us today. She’s almost 14 and has never been the same since losing Pismo. That was 7 years ago. I still get emotional thinking about him, even typing this.

View attachment 9682

Well the time came and we had to put Zuma down today. It’s been a really hard day for us. Never easy making those decisions. She was 14.5 yo and the cancer took over, rapidly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well the time came and we had to put Zuma down today. It’s been a really hard day for us. Never easy making those decisions. She was 14.5 yo and the cancer took over, rapidly.
Sorry to hear that Buddy, my heart goes out to your family...RIP Zuma you will be missed.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about Zuma NV. Never an easy thing.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear. Go get another.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
That's what we did when our 2 died within a week of each other, Actually Lacy sort of fell into our laps... And didn't like us.
Like I said in an earlier post she went from being chained up 24-7 to a family of 5 kids and 12 dogs.
Our first meeting she wouldn't get near wife and I but after a week or so wife just went and got her, Ad on the way home stopped to get Granddaughter from bus.
Having never met Emma, Lacy seen the bus and started shaking.... Emma steps off bus and Lacy is bouncing.... At this time Wife is almost freaked out as she's not sure if dog is happy or is going to eat a 6 yo kid.... Anyway Emma opens door and POW, Instant love.

To this day Lacy will get between me and other dogs, Not fighting but a "He's mine" stance, And to this day when I walk into house after work she'll bark at me, Just one bark but a bark nonetheless......

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I always said, if you want to know who loves you more your dog or your wife just lock them both in the trunk of your car and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish it were that easy. Sounds like what our boy said this afternoon.
It’s not easy. But you and they need love.

We had a book for our daughter when we had to put down Henry...Up in Heaven.

Eventually my wife came around and it’s been the best. That’s been over 10 years ago. I love dogs.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
So very sorry for your loss, NV. Please convey my/our condolences to your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.