Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Interestingly the state of Georgia has (per Rivals) 37 blue chippers this year, including six 5*s. Ugly currently only has 4 of the BC’s committed to them. That’s not a good recipe IMO. (Clemson has 6; Barn has 5; and Bama has 4.)

It almost seems inevitable. I mean you’ve got Nick Saban doing in home visits in a thatch hut eating poi and watching guys twirl flaming spears in grass skirts, in search of his next QB.

We took 7(?) kids from outside Florida in the #1 ranked 2010 class. You just become a national brand and it’s easy to get swept up in the siren song of blue chippers across the country, while your roots—and kids who grew up dreaming of playing for you—are marginalized.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait? Just realized why a recruit would want to be a secret commit = he's free to decommit without a fanbase giving him grief?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It almost seems inevitable. I mean you’ve got Nick Saban doing in home visits in a thatch hut eating poi and watching guys twirl flaming spears in grass skirts, in search of his next QB.

We took 7(?) kids from outside Florida in the #1 ranked 2010 class. You just become a national brand and it’s easy to get swept up in the siren song of blue chippers across the country, while your roots—and kids who grew up dreaming of playing for you—are marginalized.
Great point and unlike Florida, where three schools, for the most part, compete for the hearts and minds of kids, Ugly is the only game in the state.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Fantastic Defensive Haul.... Wow, and I still have faith Tae comes to the good guys. Numbers getting thin. Any truth to that taking 29 tweet? That would be a comfortable number. LETS GOOO

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fantastic Defensive Haul.... Wow, and I still have faith Tae comes to the good guys. Numbers getting thin. Any truth to that taking 29 tweet? That would be a comfortable number. LETS GOOO
I think depending on how many leave for the pros it could be much higher than that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If Williams is really coming do we take this kid and Britt?

I think the thought is Britt wants to play, or at least get a look at WR. And we were already thin at safety before Huggins messed up. Aside from Stewart and Davis, we have nothing proven, so I’d say yes we take all three.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the thought is Britt wants to play, or at least get a look at WR. And we were already thin at safety before Huggins messed up. Aside from Stewart and Davis, we have nothing proven, so I’d say yes we take all three.
Davis gets great grades. Im afraid he leaves.

Why would you stay, especially if English is still here?

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It has been incredible the way this class has come together. Dexter taking his OV with Tim Smith and trying hard to bring him in, too.

Dexter, Wingo and Leonard have been incredible vocal leaders in this class. The class is much better balanced and talented than we’ve seen here recently. Lock down the RB position and I will be satisfied and may even flip my own status.

What a couple of days. Finishing ESD strong.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I was just about to post saying that any day that we got a big OL was a good day, when I learned we got a safety we needed as well. Reminds me of days gone by
Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when we didn't have enough offensive linemen to hold an Orange and Blue spring game? Is there really a way out of the wilderness?
131125112638-jeremy-foley-will-muschamp-single-image-cutjpg.gif

We just needed to can them both in 2013. Or one of them in 2002.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, UW hired their DC to be the HBC. If Smalls liked the DC (likely his main recruiter) then I don’t see any reason he’d back off his commitment.

What did I say? I said I don't see him flipping at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator