20th Anniversary of our first National Championship

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Back when rivals were reviled. Our greatest moment center stage.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still have my T-shirt from that era that reads " I like my 'noles Creamed and Sugared " :)
Good, good times... where does the time go?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I was there. It was a pretty cool follow up to the SEC title game a few weeks before that I was at as well. I was only 11 but going to both games jump started my super fandom. I remember being in fort Pierce sitting on my grandfathers room as my father and grandfather watched and cussed the tv out in the living room (FSU game). This was the closest shot we had at winning a NC and they knew it and it was heart breaking seeing them after we lost to FSU. How everything transpired after is still legendary. I will always have a small place in my heart, granted very very small, for Ohio state and Texas. Without their upsets we don't finish number one.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
When I get tired of watching our current offense, I watch this game or some of the others I have on DVD. Tebow's last game is a favorite of mine since I was there as well. Wish we had an offense like those again.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I'll always remember Terry Jackson's long run to make the game 45-20. It was in that moment that my brother and I knew the game was over and the tears of joy came down his face. But one of my stand out memories from that whole season (besides Wuerffel's 6 TD passes against a 'Bama team that had given up 5 all season) was stepping out of my dorm room that first week of December and seeing the newspaper headline about Texas shocking Nebraska. And in that moment, I cried. Because I knew what that meant for us. And we capitalized like no other. 52-20. Still the greatest score, greatest game ever.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
They had some quick ass DL. We had a tough time protecting Wuerffel.

I remember the loss in Tallahassee more than the victory over the criminoles in Nawlins.
Probably because my buddy and I went to the game at the Choak - we were walking back to my Mom's house on Pensacola Street having lost our #1 ranking and having dickheads throw stuff at us from their cars. So we ducked into a Wendy's and got more verbal abuse...but at least they didn't throw anything.
Remembering that made the Natty all that much sweeter.

GatorMD92

Oct 31, 2015
I was living in Tallahassee at the time...Gator Club motto " Civilization amongst the savages". Suffered the defeat of another 'goal post' game. Reminded the noles that there was a possibility of a rematch that they wanted no part of. This was Bowden's "play to the echo" of the whistle crap. Danny was getting pretty roughed up. Fortunately, the stars aligned and We had our rematch.
Scored 50 yard line tickets for Sugar Bowl in the Noles section ... They didn't want to watch their team lose. Noles suffered from the Orange and Blue flu. God smiled on the Gators and We crushed them. Partied in the quarter til dawn. Also got to shake Walkin Lawton Chiles hand. Great memories. How's that for a late hit....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was living in Tallahassee at the time...Gator Club motto " Civilization amongst the savages". Suffered the defeat of another 'goal post' game. Reminded the noles that there was a possibility of a rematch that they wanted no part of. This was Bowden's "play to the echo" of the whistle crap. Danny was getting pretty roughed up. Fortunately, the stars aligned and We had our rematch.
Scored 50 yard line tickets for Sugar Bowl in the Noles section ... They didn't want to watch their team lose. Noles suffered from the Orange and Blue flu. God smiled on the Gators and We crushed them. Partied in the quarter til dawn. Also got to shake Walkin Lawton Chiles hand. Great memories. How's that for a late hit....
Love that avatar. You need to post more.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember it well. The wife and I made the trip to NOLA for the first time. I was very anxious about this game due to it being the Semi's. Over the course of the days there, teams were falling and remember watching the AZ State / pOSU game in a bar that put UF in position to win it. I will never forget that feeling walking out of the Superdome and being that we beat the Hell out of the Noles. Actually spent most of the walk back with Jack Jackson, he was pretty pumped too. To end it all off we had an early flight back home the next morning. We get to our gate and my says, "is that.." and I said yep. Dan Hicken from Jax TV 12 still wasted. I told her it's ok he's a Gator, but his wife, a NOLE. My wife starts laughing as the then at the time Ms. Hicken was not amused. Fun times as we celebrated the following weekend. One of my most favorite memories ever. I made sure that I made this trip. My Dad ( a huge Gator fan ) would say son we're gonna win it next year (on the flight home from the Nebraska azz kickin), we're going to have to go to that game. In April of '96 I lost my Dad to cancer. There was no way that I would not be there for UF's first NC. So there were more than just tears of victory on that night. I'll never forget that night.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I remember it well. The wife and I made the trip to NOLA for the first time. I was very anxious about this game due to it being the Semi's. Over the course of the days there, teams were falling and remember watching the AZ State / pOSU game in a bar that put UF in position to win it. I will never forget that feeling walking out of the Superdome and being that we beat the Hell out of the Noles. Actually spent most of the walk back with Jack Jackson, he was pretty pumped too. To end it all off we had an early flight back home the next morning. We get to our gate and my says, "is that.." and I said yep. Dan Hicken from Jax TV 12 still wasted. I told her it's ok he's a Gator, but his wife, a NOLE. My wife starts laughing as the then at the time Ms. Hicken was not amused. Fun times as we celebrated the following weekend. One of my most favorite memories ever. I made sure that I made this trip. My Dad ( a huge Gator fan ) would say son we're gonna win it next year (on the flight home from the Nebraska azz kickin), we're going to have to go to that game. In April of '96 I lost my Dad to cancer. There was no way that I would not be there for UF's first NC. So there were more than just tears of victory on that night. I'll never forget that night.

Love, love, LOVE this story. Gooooooooo Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.