Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
FSU's in deep doo-doo financially. It required a $6M transfer from boosters to balance this year's budget.

Here's how bleak it is.

"In order to balance this year and next," Seminole Boosters president Andy Miller said, "it will be necessary to sell assets."

Your read right. Sell assets.

They can ill afford the $17M necessary to buy out Taggart.

That's some terrible planning on their part.

Not sure what they’d sell, maybe their stadium. I’d buy it and rent it back to them on a triple net lease basis. I may have to hit the ATM, though, because I usually don’t keep $500 cash in my wallet. :snicker:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
As another example of their great business acumen, today’s game was the first part of a home and home with Boise that FSU moved to Jax. Since it was moved to Tally on relative short notice, they charged one price for tickets($15?) as it was general admission. So, I suspect, they made less money on a game moved to their home stadium than if they had just scheduled it there in the first place.

People with average or better IQs would have rain/storm insurance...so FSU is shiaat out of luck!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They will be crying again after we beat their azz.

2QAGENCXQZHQTHLCF46MI7R4SE.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not to make things worse but Wiltee lost to the whitest team he'll ever play.
FSU wilted in the Florida heat, while chilly, windy Boise kids held up just fine in that Florida heat.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I’d say both are better than that.

I think Boise will compete for that G5 slot in the top 6 bowls, so potentially top 15. Very impressive to overcome the early turnovers and big plays against them. (I wrote them off down 21-3 and I was wrong. They do look like the well-coached and smartly-executing Petersen teams.)

scUM? We’ll see. If they can clean up the false starts and delay penalties, if their OL fares ok against their softer ACC schedule, they could win their division and be top 15, too. They are in that big bucket of teams that could be ranked 12-30 depending on a handful of plays. But if they cleaned up their dumb mistakes and we cleaned up ours, we win by 2 TDs or more.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Came here to post the same thing. The beginning of the lost decade hurts the worst.

Yep. After the first few embarrassing losses and repeating offensive ineptitude I started to feel relieved when football season was over. After that I just went numb. It was a long fight though as I didn't officially give up the last shred of hope until the Mich opener.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Traz, you aren't getting grief because anyone thinks that you have made a terrible football error, you are getting grief because:
1) it was made in favor of our rival;
2) it's the first game of the season and none of us really knows a great deal about any team;
3) the suspicion that you jumped to a conclusion based on an emotional reaction;
4) and, finally because it makes us non-experts feel better to see an expert err.
Everything is cool. Your contributions remain greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ingram Smith did a nolecast last night. He said he knows a number of big boosters. According to him, assuming he isn't BSing, they are getting fed up. If Taggelwain doesn't starting winning very soon then the money they give is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator