Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

This doesn't surprise me at all. Besides how bad they look, the recruits will hear all the "Fire Willie" talk. They aren't stupid. They know that he very well could be gone after this season or next. So, if they go to fsux, they are likely committing to play for the future coach. Bad situation.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s going to be a very real struggle for them to get to six wins this year. If I was a betting man, I’d bet against it.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
But the question is who would we want out of that class...seriously would take

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
But the question is who would we want out of that class...seriously would take

They have at least three that are hard takes, several others that we'd consider:

Florida State 2020 Football Commits

Demorie Tate, Freedom, Cornerback #47 ranked, #5 CB in the class, #7 in the state - hard take

Jaylan Knighton, Deerfield Beach, All Purpose Back top 100 overall, top 20 in the state - hard take

Jadarius McKnight, Dunbar, Safety top 250 overall, #19 safety (position of need) - hard take

Others, not 'hard takes', but would definitely add to the class if a spot was available: RB Toafili, QB Sims, CB Harrell, MLB McCluster

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listened to the recent "On the Bench" podcast with Newberg, Nee, and Sonnone. The most interesting comment? The players are beginning to tune out wiLLLLLLLLie. If they completely turn on him this year, he is gone no matter what.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Listened to the recent "On the Bench" podcast with Newberg, Nee, and Sonnone. The most interesting comment? The players are beginning to tune out wiLLLLLLLLie. If they completely turn on him this year, he is gone no matter what.

I understand this thinking and agree that I think he'll lose the team, but in the end I think this is a math problem that FSU can't solve until after the 2020 season.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
They have at least three that are hard takes, several others that we'd consider:

Florida State 2020 Football Commits

Demorie Tate, Freedom, Cornerback #47 ranked, #5 CB in the class, #7 in the state - hard take

Jaylan Knighton, Deerfield Beach, All Purpose Back top 100 overall, top 20 in the state - hard take

Jadarius McKnight, Dunbar, Safety top 250 overall, #19 safety (position of need) - hard take

Others, not 'hard takes', but would definitely add to the class if a spot was available: RB Toafili, QB Sims, CB Harrell, MLB McCluster
I’d rather take no qb than take sims. He’s not very good

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This podcast needs to be in both the sports and comedy sections

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sounds like the're racists. Willie needs to get his own guys in there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FSU is 124th in the nation in yards allowed per game, 2nd worst nationally among power 5 teams.... and they haven't even played a power 5 team yet! Ooooof!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
FSU is 124th in the nation in yards allowed per game, 2nd worst nationally among power 5 teams.... and they haven't even played a power 5 team yet! Ooooof!
Per 247sports, the DC, Harlon Barnett, is the highest-paid assistant coach in program history with his annual salary of $980,000. If they don't improve and he keeps his job, a lot of DCs are going to be expecting raises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.