Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I know a young man attending f$u. I asked him closer to the beginning of the season how the football team might do. His somewhat sheepish response: "We're no longer a football school. We're now a basketball school."

I felt bad for him.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I know a young man attending f$u. I asked him closer to the beginning of the season how the football team might do. His somewhat sheepish response: "We're no longer a football school. We're now a basketball school."

I felt bad for him.

Heard that from a kid home for the holidays at the barber shop last week saying the same thing. Must have handed them out a flyer of talking points as they left campus.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Those players know if the cancelling of these games is genuine. If this is a farce, they will completely turn on him more than they already have.
Can’t like this take enough.

If the really do have ‘Rona concerns it will fade away. However, if the players see their coach and admin acting like pu$$ies and ducking Duke, recruits will know and avoid them.

We speculate, the players know.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You really claim to be a basketball school with one conference title.

well, they were expecting to win it ALL earlier this year until Covid kicked in.
this puts them in line with the UCF philosophy of claiming championships.
it's really all they have to cling to right now, so let's at least give them that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
well, they were expecting to win it ALL earlier this year until Covid kicked in.
this puts them in line with the UCF philosophy of claiming championships.
it's really all they have to cling to right now, so let's at least give them that.
725DEEF6-0AF2-4C3F-AA61-93E536B3F38C.gif

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few days ago, the ACC network aired the 1995 FSU-Virginia game. That was a good Virginia team. Coached by George Welsh it included Ronde and Tiki Barber. FSU hadn't lost a single ACC game since joining the conference. That game was the first conference game they lost. They still b!tch about it and claim Warrick Dunn scored on the game's last play but he was down short of the goal in 1995 and he's still short. Virginia beat them and it was great. Even sweeter? The FSU QB for that game was Kannell.

Why this trip down memory lane?

Because FSU is ducking the entire ACC conference. Not just Clemson, but a below average Virginia team and a really bad Duke team.

FSU is ducking the ACC.

This is by far the biggest pussy move in major sports history. Ducking Clemson is bad. Ducking Virginia and Duke as well? FSU's new colors are yellow and yellow. Just paint a big, fat yellow streak down the middle the of the helmet running right down their back and up to their yellow bellies. That chick kicker for Vandy has bigger balls than any of those pussies. There ain't a single man card left on that campus. Got any FSU friends? Buy them a jar opener for Christmas 'cause none of them are man enough to open a pickle jar. They should drop all their men's sports and go back to being a girls' school. Pussies. Every damn one of them.

Alex.
iu

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In other relevant news of the Nole$, the Tallahassee Democrat (most fitting name for the capital city’s daily rag) reports that the newly hired director of Seminole Boosters Inc. is Michael Alford. Alford’s last position was as Athletic Director at Central Michigan. The significance, you ask? Central Michigan hired college football strategist and barbecue sauce entrepreneur Jim McElwain under Alford’s watch. Cant wait to see this play out. Maybe when the Norvell experiment concludes...

upload_2020-12-1_5-57-55.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In other relevant news of the Nole$, the Tallahassee Democrat (most fitting name for the capital city’s daily rag) reports that the newly hired director of Seminole Boosters Inc. is Michael Alford. Alford’s last position was as Athletic Director at Central Michigan. The significance, you ask? Central Michigan hired college football strategist and barbecue sauce entrepreneur Jim McElwain under Alford’s watch. Cant wait to see this play out. Maybe when the Norvell experiment concludes...

I can't even imagine the personal ecstasy for me if the Noles hired Butters.

SorrowfulNeedyFawn-small.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Now that's a circus that I would watch. Pun intended.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019

"Well, you can talk about how we 'only' had the 57th ranked recruiting class last year, and yet we won the game against Boston College last week. I don't know what you people are honestly expecting here? Coach Nussmeier and I, we know offense, and we had em licked on the TOP for the whole game. Just because Syracuse scored more points than us today doesn't mean we won't get em next year; it all comes down to seeing where we're at with the administration on facilities." - Jim McElwain, FSU coach, ca. 2022

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
"Well, you can talk about how we 'only' had the 57th ranked recruiting class last year, and yet we won the game against Boston College last week. I don't know what you people are honestly expecting here? Coach Nussmeier and I, we know offense, and we had em licked on the TOP for the whole game. Just because Syracuse scored more points than us today doesn't mean we won't get em next year; it all comes down to seeing where we're at with the administration on facilities." - Jim McElwain, FSU coach, ca. 2022
“Coool...”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Wow. This guy (Alford) spent quite a bit of time patting himself on the back for landing such a big fish like Butters. He actually left a sitting AD's job to take over Seminole Boosters? I know CMU doesn't pay very well, but does Seminole Boosters? I guess if I got a chance to leave Michigan for Florida I'd jump at it too, but you have to think this guy wants to be an AD somewhere. Maybe he figures, "If I can turn around this sh*tshow in Tallahassee I can get any AD job in the country!"

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
“I remember back in the spring of 2002, when I was the quarterbacks coach at Eastern North Dakota Poly Tech, our third string quarterback was, in fact, 1/92nd Cherokee Indian. Know who else was Native American? My dog, who I’ve also coached to play quarterback in case we get in a pinch. Anyway, I sure hope we’re able to break the long standing Doak Campbell Stadium record for hot dog and popcorn sales when we go into 7 overtimes against FAMU this season. Purdy Kewl, huh?”

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Norvell and his AD turned in their man-cards a couple of months ago. This stain of outright cowardice will be draped over that program for years to come.

This is a fantastic, wonderful time for all people who hate the f*ck out of the assnoles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator