Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
7eb796516f9c075cd5bab493f4a2e141

Cobra...of the genus Surrender

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is from a poster on 247

Apparently since he hired David Kelly to an on-field position for his inaugural staff, that means that the NCAA rules restrict Willie from moving him off-field after only 1 season in an on-field capacity.

Furthermore, they just hired and announced Ron Dugans as WR coach. So they are literally stuck with having two WR coaches and at the mercy of getting an NCAA waiver to free up an assistant coaching position that likely would shift to the defensive side of the ball.

If they don't get a waiver, Willie has to either live with 6 offensive coaches and 4 defensive coaches or fire David Kelly, a guy he brought over from Oregon and who is apparently central to Willie's program administration and recruiting.

You can't make up the vast levels of mismanagement going on over at FSU right now. I love it.”

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have to go back and review how Willlllllie got the Oregon job. Sounds like when he was promoted he landed fourteen levels past the Peter Principle.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeeeeeppppp and the interim is trying to fix the deficit

Wow. Didn't even realize that. So they are broke ... upside down with willie ... have an interim AD who is failing horribly at his job interview ... self imposed coaching staff restrictions?

tenor.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They’ll get a waiver without a doubt, but still fun to watch

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listened to Josh Newberg and Chris Nee's podcast. Newberg continues to report the chaos fsu is in under wiLLLLLLLie's leadership. The recent example is Greg Frey. They handled it so poorly, Newberg said he was getting texts from coaches asking, "What the fukk is going on down there?" It was a bad look all around.

As for David Kelly, the odd thing about the Kelly situation is that he is by far their best recruiter. What kind of impact will he have as a recruiter when he is off-field? I can't imagine it will be the same.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is just amazing watching Willie totally destroy clown town, but in a way I wish he were just slightly less catastrophic. It would be perfect for him to Richt the place for a decade or so.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It is just amazing watching WiLLLLLLLie totally destroy clown town, but in a way I wish he were just slightly less catastrophic. It would be perfect for him to Richt the place for a decade or so.
I can see where it would be a toss up. To truly Richt the place he’d have to occasionally have some success, but it would be great for him to be there a while. Personally, I’d prefer that when they can Willie, they replace him with someone even more inept, like say Butters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.