Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just finished the recent On The Bench podcast with the 247 fsu writers. Here's the rundown,

1. Ja'Khi Douglas' recruitment is basically still open. He is taking all his official visits. What was odd is that Newberg said most of the teams on his list, like Bama and LSU, aren't recruiting him at all. We are on his list for an official as well.

2. Their stud DT prospect, Manny Rogers has only been playing high school football for a year. He is a complete project and a 6'6 one at that.

3. The coaching staff is expecting a "mere fraction" of the elite talent at Saturday Night Live this year compared to last year. The fsu guys said they can get "very few" confirmations from players that they will be attending.

4. Runningback recruiting continues to be a nightmare as it looks like they have struck out on the top 2 players on their board.

5. If things don't go well at SNL, it will be time to begin going to plan b and plan c guys.

Podcasts like this are sweet music to my ears.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just finished the recent On The Bench podcast with the 247 fsu writers. Here's the rundown,

1. Ja'Khi Douglas' recruitment is basically still open. He is taking all his official visits. What was odd is that Newberg said most of the teams on his list, like Bama and LSU, aren't recruiting him at all. We are on his list for an official as well.

2. Their stud DT prospect, Manny Rogers has only been playing high school football for a year. He is a complete project and a 6'6 one at that.

3. The coaching staff is expecting a "mere fraction" of the elite talent at Saturday Night Live this year compared to last year. The fsu guys said they can get "very few" confirmations from players that they will be attending.

4. Runningback recruiting continues to be a nightmare as it looks like they have struck out on the top 2 players on their board.

5. If things don't go well at SNL, it will be time to begin going to plan b and plan c guys.

Podcasts like this are sweet music to my ears.
OhJmBca.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

They truly might go winless this year

I can totally see 2-10.

Taggart's offense was generally called "a high school offense". He fired himself in the middle of the season, promoted a guy who'd never called games, then fired that guy and hired another guy whose never called a game. (No, he didn't call the plays at FAU or Houston.)

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m going 4-8 with a couple losses by 4 tds (UF and Clemson)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

They truly might go winless this year

As much as I enjoy their dysfunction, I can’t help but wonder how is this possible at a program at this level? No playbook? WTF.
I had really hoped their financial situation would force them to keep Willie for 3-4 years. He may be gone by November.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
As much as I enjoy their dysfunction, I can’t help but wonder how is this possible at a program at this level? No playbook? WTF.
I had really hoped their financial situation would force them to keep WiLLLLLLLie for 3-4 years. He may be gone by November.

Well, they don't have a head coach - why should they have a playbook?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I had really hoped their financial situation would force them to keep WiLLLLLLLie for 3-4 years. He may be gone by November.
No playbook is just something that can’t happen. What a train wreck.

They hire a guy for his offense, he’s so bad at offense he ditches his offense. Hires a new guy to install a new offense with some plays that might make them not a laughing stock and the guy doesn’t bring a playbook.

You can’t make this stuff up. Boise will win by double digits I’m sure of it

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Manziel won a heisman without a playbook. So did Mariota and RG3. A lot of teams don't use one. None of them have won a title though. A guy who didn't use a playbook was just hired by the Arizona Cardinals.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
Manziel won a heisman without a playbook. So did Mariota and RG3. A lot of teams don't use one. None of them have won a title though. A guy who didn't use a playbook was just hired by the Arizona Cardinals.
Seems to me that their “offense” will be condition based. Like an “if this than that” kind of scenario based scheme. I mean they can’t seriously not have plays right? I hope I’m wrong and they are seriously THAT dysfunctional but even for clowns that would be a low, like, sub shark humper low...

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Seems to me that their “offense” will be condition based. Like an “if this than that” kind of scenario based scheme. I mean they can’t seriously not have plays right? I hope I’m wrong and they are seriously THAT dysfunctional but even for clowns that would be a low, like, sub shark humper low...

They have plays. Kliff Kingsbury said he would go over the play on the whiteboard or whatever he used to draw up the play. The players would take their own notes to help them remember. They never received actual playbooks. They then ran and reran the play until the staff felt the players had it. Taggert said they did the same thing during the spring. According to Manziel and Mariota, the QB doesn't call plays or audible or even run the huddle. He just runs the play. Hence, the simplicity part.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Well maybe so, but I don't see a Manziel, a Mariota, or a RGIII on that roster.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well maybe so, but I don't see a Manziel, a Mariota, or a RGIII on that roster.

I don't either. I'm just saying that offense can be effective. But, everyone I've ever seen run that style of offense was in some way soft and had a soft defense. Every..Single..One. Briles has only been truly calling plays for 2 years (FAU & Houston) and never against a real opponent. He did it in spots at Baylor but only in blowouts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Briles has only been truly calling plays for 2 years (FAU & Houston) .
Briles never called plays for a day. Kiffy walked around with a giant playsheet was mouthing the plays to signaller or kid running in the plays. Applewhite called his own too but he was more of a gameplan it ahead of time and just run the sequence I told you sort of guy, much like Butterteeth and Nussdrunk

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We are 8, scUM 10, and the clowns at 13 in the 247 rankings. Still, he tweets this? Who is he kidding? BlackElwain's class is a disaster on the lines of scrimmage.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb