Urban Meyer stepping down after Rose Bowl

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Someone else probably already figured this out. Meyer wants to be the first and only coach to win a Natty at three different schools. He can’t catch Saban for total number but he can be the only one with 3 in different colors.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone else probably already figured this out. Meyer wants to be the first and only coach to win a Natty at three different schools. He can’t catch Saban for total number but he can be the only one with 3 in different colors.
This makes perfect sense. If the last one was at ND, it would be a storybook legacy in his eyes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So, there’s this buddy of mine. Good looking guy with a lot of money. Meets this gorgeous chick whom he dates for 5 years.

On two occasions, he has the most mind-blowing sex he could ever imagine, fulfilling his nastiest fantasies.

But she leaves him because she starts having terrible spasms and wants to spend more time with her family. He is crushed and broken.

Shortly thereafter she leaves, he gets a rash and his doctor tells him he has Muscherpes and will takes 3 years to get over it. Things are rough but he grins and bears it, hoping he will experience the ecstasy again.

Meanwhile, his stuff hurts again and the pain is much worse. This time the doctor says he has Mcyphilis and doesn’t know when it might be cured. He prescribes Mullicilin and tells him to get back to him after a couple of years.

My friend wonders: “Was it worth it”?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, there’s this buddy of mine. Good looking guy with a lot of money. Meets this gorgeous chick whom he dates for 5 years.

On two occasions, he has the most mind-blowing sex he could ever imagine, fulfilling his nastiest fantasies.

But she leaves him because she starts having terrible spasms and wants to spend more time with her family. He is crushed and broken.

Shortly thereafter she leaves, he gets a rash and his doctor tells him he has Muscherpes and will takes 3 years to get over it. Things are rough but he grins and bears it, hoping he will experience the ecstasy again.

Meanwhile, his stuff hurts again and the pain is much worse. This time the doctor says he has Mcyphilis and doesn’t know when it might be cured. He prescribes Mullicilin and tells him to get back to him after a couple of years.

And the answer is yes, without hesitation.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How many fans of dozens of schools go their entire lives without even sniffing a NC? Those are the years you never, ever forget the feeling. I'd take 2 of those for 10 years of crap in a heartbeat. We ain't Georgia. We take titles. That basketball/football title year may never happen again. The bragging rights were off the charts.

Those who would give them away for a bunch of "close but maybe next year" seasons are fools, and are probably closeted Mark Richt fans.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seeing that we had exactly one before in our entire history...YES!

How many fans of dozens of schools go their entire lives without even sniffing a NC? Those are the years you never, ever forget the feeling. I'd take 2 of those for 10 years of crap in a heartbeat. We ain't Georgia. We take titles. That basketball/football title year may never happen again. The bragging rights were off the charts.

Those who would give them away for a bunch of "close but maybe next year" seasons are fools, and are probably closeted Mark Richt fans.

The flaw in this whole "trade" argument is that there's no real reason we had to choose in the first place. We absolutely could've had the best of both worlds. I get that we had some issues when he left. But let's be clear. Our lost decade was much more due to who Foley hired to replace Meyer, not anything Meyer personally did while here. If anything, as I've said repeatedly, he gave our AD an entire year heads up. If handled properly, we could've been just fine. Maybe we don't win national titles during that stretch. But we also don't see the lows of games like GSU or having a buffoon as the face of our program. Our ten years of crap was not entirely on Meyer. In fact, I'd say he was the least of our concerns. The program lost its way, and that started well above Urban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb