Florida has three Heisman winners

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78, I never said Tebow's numbers were crazy better than the other two overrated POS idiots. All I said is that it was clear he was the BEST PLAYER in college football, which is what the award is supposed to be. He had just come off the best game of his entire career, a SECCG win over Bama without Percy, in which he put the entire team on his back in the second half. It was the best game he ever played.
I'm not arguing that. I was there every step of the way. The dude had a great, great season. I'm just trying to understand this charge being levied that it was a conspiracy to screw Tim. How can you look at Bradford's numbers and not be bowled over? 50 freaking TD passes. That's insane. He had to be deserving of some consideration.

Secondly, what is so weird about Big 12 states being behind a Big 12 nominee? Of course they're going to do that. I'll bet the Deep South was solidly behind Tebow.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not arguing that. I was there every step of the way. The dude had a great, great season. I'm just trying to understand this charge being levied that it was a conspiracy to screw Tim. How can you look at Bradford's numbers and not be bowled over? 50 freaking TD passes. That's insane.

Secondly, what is so weird about Big 12 states being behind a Big 12 nominee? Of course they're going to do that. I'll bet the Deep South was solidly behind Tebow.
It’s not voting Bradford over Tebow that was egregious - it was leaving Tebow completely off the ballot to ensure that Tebow wouldn’t win that was dishonest. Voting the Texas tech boys or even Colt McCoy over Tebow or saying Tebow was not one of the top theee players that year was incredibly void of honor.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not voting Bradford over Tebow that was egregious - it was leaving Tebow completely off the ballot to ensure that Tebow wouldn’t win that was dishonest. Voting the Texas tech boys or even Colt McCoy over Tebow or saying Tebow was not one of the top theee players that year was incredibly void of honor.
My eyes see second-place votes as making the difference.

Bradford 315
McCoy 288
Tebow 207

Now, did all those McCoy second-place votes come from the Big 12?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:exactly:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My eyes see second-place votes as making the difference.

Bradford 315
McCoy 288
Tebow 207

Now, did all those McCoy second-place votes come from the Big 12?
Here is the region breakdown - note the large discrepency in what third was in the Southwest va other regions

Sam Bradford | Heisman

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, why was Colt McCoy on the ballot to begin with? His numbers didn't warrant more consideration than even Graham Harrell.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, why was Colt McCoy on the ballot to begin with? His numbers didn't warrant more consideration than even Graham Harrell.
Texas

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
154 of 904 voters didn’t feel Tebow’s year was even top three in the nation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
154 of 904 voters didn’t feel Tebow’s year was even top three in the nation.
Sigh. The beginning seeds of the Tebow over exposure backlash.

No question in my mind Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player of our time. Maybe not the greatest quarterback, but the best football player.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
As most of us have seen the Nissan commercials featuring the past Heisman winners, has anyone else noticed Rapeis Winston's absence? We all know for a fact it's not by choice. I've also noticed Manziel hasn't been on any recent Nissan commercials.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With Grossman, asshat voters decided that sophomores simply shouldn't win, so they screwed him by leaving him off ballots. With Tebow (who had finally broken the ridiculous, unwritten sophomore rule the year before), voters decided that he shouldn't win twice, so they did the same thing. Both decisions are outrageous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to start accusing me of paying him just to play Devil's Advocate in every thread, no matter how dumb he looks. He's certainly extended threads.
So.... you should have been paying me all these years?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are blowing my cover.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Votes want that Archie Griffin legacy. Just like if that kid in Oregon didn't blow out his knee he would have been awarded because Tebow was a sophomore. Politics are politics. Are you really surprised. Just like the winner in 09 should have been the running back in Sanford, but the East coast didn't give him the votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.