• B+

Votes: 28 11.7%

• Total voters

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If we get an A, what does Bama get?

A +.

They were expected to win the SEC and the NC. They will likely meet that expectation.

But the question is really for the coach as I read it. Mullen took the talent he had and beat nearly everyone’s expectations. That’s an A in my book.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
A +.

They were expected to win the SEC and the NC. They will likely meet that expectation.

But the question is really for the coach as I read it. Mullen took the talent he had and beat nearly everyone’s expectations. That’s an A in my book.
Lost two games against lower division teams at the Swamp. Not an A in my book, but I'm more encouraged than I've been in years.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
I gave an A. Completely changed the direction of the program, and I feel like he got far more out of the offense than I would have expected given the personnel.

I'm concerned a bit about recruiting but I'll let that play out a bit longer before panicking.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its not a grade for this team as a national contender. The only team that gets an A is the winner of the national title. This is a grade of how Mullen did overall in his first year as Gator head coach.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
A-: took a 4-win team and turned them into a legit 10-win Team. Soundly beat FSUx. Great Bowl win as the underdog against a top-ranked opponent. Wins against top-20 teams.
Would have been an A+ but the home losses --- have to defend the Swamp!
Need strong recruiting finish too.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If we get an A, what does Bama get?
Bama and Saban get a"B". They took the greatest talent ever assembled on a college football team and are headed to the NC game. Their defense has looked a trifle vulnerable in the last two games. Say, wasn't that OU team that the Gators beat for the NC supposed to be the greatest offensive team of all time? I think those Gators were better than Bama was tonight.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Tells me we had a shytload more talent than most of you want to give credit too and a couple of poorly coached games at the Swamp.

That’s a solid B.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Compared to the last two inept fools we had as head coaches, Mullen should get higher than A+. Name anyone who could have come in here this year and done any better than he did?

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think B+. He accomplished some great things this year, but losing the streak to KY and falling behind in recruiting keeps him from the A range imo.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A- for taking a demoralized 4 win team and turning them around to look like a competent bunch of players who actually had a clue. That, and I could understand WTF he was saying in press conferences unlike the last two Bozos.

He gets dinged for laying a couple big baffling eggs at home against Kentucky and Mizzou.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Tells me we had a shytload more talent than most of you want to give credit too and a couple of poorly coached games at the Swamp.

That’s a solid B.
Amazing how much more visible the talent became this year. Somebody must have polished those diamonds in the rough here at 3 star U.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bamas had like 6 consecutive #1 recruiting classes and are the defending national champions. I think their expectations vs ours might be a little different for this year. Just going out on a limb though.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't grade on a curve.

Mullen and staff: B-

Lost 2 at the Swamp and got our faces smashed in by UGA.

Can improve to a B+ with a strong finish in recruiting.

Team gets an A. They definitely over achieved.

Considering I wouldn't give either above a C+ since 2010, that's pretty darn good.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I gave an A. I know a lot of people are knocking the UK and Missouri home losses. We had to lose to UK eventually, why not in Mullen’s 1st year when we didn’t have 2 of our starters on defense either by the way. Also, to the best UK team in a long time, that has a chance to win 10 games too. I’ll have a bigger problem if we lose to them next year. Mizzou always seems to give us trouble, that game was the worst we looked to me. No fight at all, guess the UGAY loss really zapped our players. We had a fairly manageable schedule this year, next year will be tougher with opening with scUM and getting Auburn back on the schedule. Finally we got offensive improvement and decent QB play, probably the biggest reason I gave an A. It’s been way to long time since we’ve seen a decent offense in Gainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.