Mark Richt retires; Manny Diaz screws Temple and returns

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Don’t want to see Mike Leach down there. Other than that, the list is full of duds.

I disagree with you on the list. I’d be fine if they hired Kiffin, Kingsbury or Rex Ryan. I think those three suck. However there are a few good candidates on there that I don’t want to see get hired. Butch Davis and Schiano are good coaches and Babers has done a good job at Syracuse. A few others on there might work out better than Richt, who I was hoping would stay at Miami long enough to send that program into the ground forever.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
I really thought richt had a few more years in him...

Shame really.

If Mario Cristobal bails on the ducks I am going to be sad.

Kitten would be perfect. They will be on probation in record speed with boosters like Luther Campbell lurking. Can’t wait for the team photo shoots with all the “models” Luther brings to campus.

If he somehow drags Jalen Hurts to Miami I would be shocked. No way Jalen flushes his reputation down the toilet by going to Miami. He can do much better, even staying at Bama would be a better decision imo. Better coaching, better facilities, etc...

Anyhow, this is sad news... I was really enjoying the dumpster fire on display in coral gables.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I really thought richt had a few more years in him...

Shame really.

If Mario Cristobal bails on the ducks I am going to be sad.

Kitten would be perfect. They will be on probation in record speed with boosters like Luther Campbell lurking. Can’t wait for the team photo shoots with all the “models” Luther brings to campus.

If he somehow drags Jalen Hurts to Miami I would be shocked. No way Jalen flushes his reputation down the toilet by going to Miami. He can do much better, even staying at Bama would be a better decision imo. Better coaching, better facilities, etc...

Anyhow, this is sad news... I was really enjoying the dumpster fire on display in coral gables.
Cristobal is not a good game day coach. Well, he’s decent, but not great. He would clean up recruiting in sofla though, but nothing really to worry about from our end. That program is long dead

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What supposedly makes Cristobal so great? He's 35-52 lifetime and his best finish ever was 4th in the conference. Richt was a "Miami guy" too and was a decent recruiter. I don't get the love.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What supposedly makes Cristobal so great? He's 35-52 lifetime and his best finish ever was 4th in the conference. Richt was a "Miami guy" too and was a decent recruiter. I don't get the love.
He was always known as a phenomenal recruiter. I’ve wanted him repeatedly over the years as our Oline coach but idiots like Butters and Muschamp never pulled the trigger.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cristobal is an elite recruiter. But Unkle Silk tweeted that to troll.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I just can’t believe scUM would pony up the 8 million it will take to get Cristobal.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly it makes no sense for Cristobal to leave Oregon. Just got a top 5 class with #1 overall olayer, has his stuff QB coming back, and is in a conference that doesn't have Clemson in it. I bet he gets a fat raise though.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Oregon job is far more attractive than the Miami job. They don't even have their own freaking stadium.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are freaking out over a fake tweet

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to think of coaches I don't want them to get. Mike leach and Neal Brown would be 2 off the top of my head
My dream coach for them is Lane Kiffin.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
Don’t want to see Mike Leach down there. Other than that, the list is full of duds.

I wouldn't be that scared with Leach. He would have a great offense though. Neal Brown and Dino Babers are legit. I hope they don't hire either of them. Neal Brown (Troy) nearly beat #2 Clemson on the road 2 years ago and actually beat a ranked LSU on the road last season. We don't want him at Miami.

Babers has turned out 3 programs now and led all 3 programs to double digit wins before departing. He would turn around Miami as well. Let's hope they do something stupid and hire a "big name" like Rex Ryan or another stupid mediocre hire with ties to the program like Schiano. I never understood why ties to the program is anything more than a very minor consideration in hiring a coach...a tie breaker of sorts. Ties to the program often times leads to trash hires...it's how we got Ron Zook after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb