Best Posts in Thread: In bad times good things tend to happen

1. gatorkev85

gatorkev85 Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,672
    Ratings:
    +1,247 / -298
    As some of you recently know my beloved dog Rex was suddenly taken from my wife and I last Friday when he was hit by a car. Many of yall on this board sent us prayers and it is amazing to me how much this board cares for one another. It's nice to know we can each come here for a pick me up if needed. I hope that never changes there are a lot of amazing people here

Well let's get to the reason for the title. As we sat here morning the lose of Rex God had something in motion for us that will change our lives forever. Some on this board might remember and I wont hold it against anyone if they dont but my wife and I have struggled with infertility for the past 3 years including a failed IVF cycle that ended in 2 miscarriages. Well I'm happy to say that we got a call to foster 2 twin newborn boys with the possibility of adoption. It came as a major surprise to us so weve been scrambling to put a nursery together which has been fun.

I had started to wonder if I'd ever get the chance to be a dad, but It just goes to show you that in hard times God always finds a way to bring you joy. I can't wait to raise them to be Gators. I've got some championship games to let them listen to when they get home. Can't wait till they are old enough to go to their 1st game. I've dream of this day for so long is surreal but I'm super excited.

• gatorkev85

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,672
      Ratings:
      +1,247 / -298
      I haven't really been active to much lately I've had my hands full but I thought I'd give an update on how things are going with fostering.

The boys are now almost 8 months old and for the most part healthy. We have a few things to worry about with one but it's nothing the physical therapist don't think we cant correct with therapy. He has some kind of issue with his muscles being tight. The Dr said it's common in twins but that his condition is a little worse than normal but thinks it can be corrected.

Things have gone our way so far in this adoption process. The mom has not been keeping up with her case plan and the dad has been in jail the whole time so it's looking very favorable for us.

I'll include a few pics but do to privacy laws I have to protect their identity for now. Once we are able to adopt we can post without any blockers.

If yall don't mind praying for them and my family we would greatly appreciate it. 20190806_025454.jpg 20190806_025603.jpg
      Go Gators from my family to yours :chomp:

• oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
        Administrator

Oxbucks:
        $24,215
        Ratings:
        +39,618 / -1,472
        Excuse me, I’ve got something in my eye.

• deuce

deuce Mentally Challenged
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,745
          Ratings:
          +2,768 / -134
          God is Good!

• gatorkev85

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,672
            Ratings:
            +1,247 / -298
            Quick update about my twins. Barely any sleep these days dealing with 2 boys. One is doing great and not many issues eats, sleeps, poops repeat. My youngest is a different story, he struggles really bad with acid reflux and does not feed well at all. He is not getting his nutrition for the day. He is only getting down around 7-8 oz a day when he should be getting at least 16-20 oz each day. He has days where he gets 12-14 but most days under 10. He just tries and tries to get the milk out and doesn't get a anywhere at times. It's so sad to see him struggle so much and not be able to help him. Two weeks ago at his 1st dr appointment he weighed in at 5.7 and Friday he weighed in at 5.10 so he gained a little but not what he should be.

He has been scheduled for therapy that starts tomorrow so they can figure out what the problem is with his eating. We've tried every bottle, several different formulas and nipples with no success.

Please just keep my little man in your prayers. Hopefully he can finally start getting the nutrients he needs to grow after tomorrows 1st session with the therapist.

• NVGator

NVGator Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $5,525
              Ratings:
              +9,217 / -437
              You don’t need to post pictures. Keep that private. Let me know how the sleep is going in 6 months.

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $5,921
                Ratings:
                +6,055 / -98
                Congrats! My wife and I have 17 year old twins and it's been a great journey (expect the part about paying for everything for 2 at the same time - like college next fall). Two pieces of advice: One, get sleep whenever you can - there's a reason sleep deprivation is an effective means of torture. Two, don't be too proud to ask you friends for the diaper coupons from their newspaper - If you don't belong to Bj's, Costco, or Sam's Club, join one of them and buy formula and diapers in bulk; you will go broke if you don't.

• DocZaius

DocZaius Baby Yoda Daddy
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $12,044
                  Ratings:
                  +11,821 / -34
                  Congrats dude. My wife and I had similar issues after our first son was born, we fostered for a couple of years and ultimately adopted out daughter (in a private adoption).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, we have been through it all. The foster system can be very frustrating at times.

• gatorkev85

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                    $1,672
                    Ratings:
                    +1,247 / -298
                    Last good night of sleep, were most likely getting the twins tomorrow evening. Who needs sleep though when you can be a dad. Can't wait to finally meet and hold them.

Because of them being fostered for the moment I'm not allowed to put out pictures but they will sleep their 1st night with me in Gator clothes you can bet that. Can't wait till football season rolls back around so I can watch games with them. In the meantime well watch old games so they know what's up. So excited!!!!

• deuce

deuce Mentally Challenged
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,745
                      Ratings:
                      +2,768 / -134

I would go for my Wife, Daughters,Dog and friends........

no pic of wife or daughters

iphone_jan14-2017 035.JPG

#37 deuce, Jan 4, 2019
                      Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
                      • Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $1,848
                        Ratings:
                        +2,453 / -93
                        My wife and I tried IVF multiple times, at a cost of over $10,000+. Didn’t work

We had filled out loan documents for an egg doner, and we were going to pick a doner that week. The Sunday before submitting the loan packet and choosing a donor, we learned she was pregnant. What a moment that was

It was a true miracle (and a hell of a foot massage I gave her a few weeks earlier :yes:).

Kev, I really am so happy for you. As said above, to really WANT kids is so special compared to just “having them”.

Now get some sleep, you’re gonna miss it in the near future.

• FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $2,267
                          Ratings:
                          +3,545 / -212
                          Congrats Kev. You and your wife are doing a great thing. There are some many children in the world who need parents and you have stepped up to the plate. You and your wife will definitely be rewarded. All the best.

• Thick&ThinG8r

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                            $1,280
                            Ratings:
                            +1,742 / -85
                            My oldest son was only a few hours old when the doctor said he had a defect in his foot that I couldn't even see but, was like a punch in the gut and worried the hell out of me.
                            Without any treatment, he went on to quarterback his highschool football team and was a hell of a baseball player.
                            What ever is going on, he'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

• Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $1,848
                              Ratings:
                              +2,453 / -93
                              Kev, as a father of a 2 month old, being a new dad is awesome.

Babies are so magical.

For example, my little boy turns my disposable income into disposable diapers

• Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $2,328
                                Ratings:
                                +2,946 / -52
                                Congrats, you guys are embarking on one of the most joyous and awesome responsibilities in your life, enjoy the ride. My youngest began with the same problem and came along just fine. May the good Lord bless your family.

• t-gator

t-gator too sexy for my shirt

Oxbucks:
                                  $3,851
                                  Ratings:
                                  +9,525 / -479
                                  You're in luck! I just happen to be on the market. I'd make a great stay at home son!

• Alagator

Alagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $748
                                    Ratings:
                                    +3,382 / -32
                                    Praying they figure out how to help your lil’ man! Keep us posted.

• Albert

Albert Enormous Member

Oxbucks:
                                      $485
                                      Ratings:
                                      +702 / -19
                                      As a parent of twins- boy and girl- I can tell you sleep deprivation is real. Watching them mature and learn is real. Seeing them send one over the fence is real, as is a flawless music recital. Watching him lay out a devasting sack or catch a long td and you’ll lose your mind, everything else just fades away. Just like when you come home from work and they are there to greet you at the door. Everything else in your life is about to become really small. Enjoy the ride!

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                        $5,352
                                        Ratings:
                                        +11,343 / -1,401
                                        Twins.......your life will never be the same. Special place in heaven for people that take in kids, adopt , raise them for others.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
                                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                          $13,320
                                          Ratings:
                                          +18,968 / -267
                                          Congrats Kev. That's awesome. Hope they bring you a lot of joy, happiness, and sleepless nights! You're good people!

My wife is an acupuncturist and has a lot of success w/ woman who tried everything and gave acupuncture a shot.

We may adopt an older kid one day (soon). I'm retiring in 18 months from the CG and the wife has never had kids (I have a 26 year old)....so we talked about finding a 5 to 15 year old to adopt to give a real home.

The Box

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
                                              • About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                                              • Like us on Facebook

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.