Show recommendation thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone watch Halt & Catch Fire? It has 4 seasons, it was an AMC show (now on Netflix).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Has anybody watched Imposters? It stars Israeli smoke show Inbar Lavi. Further proof the Jews are God's chosen people. What is it with them turning out beautiful actresses. She's a con artist ran by a sinister controller. Things go south when three of her victims, who she married as part of the con, track her down.
Inbar (for research purposes).

I'm going to give this show a try for my treadmill runs....

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Has anyone mention "the boys' on amazon? So good, 2 seasons. Finalecdropped today. Its about a bunch of warped super heros

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Has anybody watched Imposters? It stars Israeli smoke show Inbar Lavi. Further proof the Jews are God's chosen people. What is it with them turning out beautiful actresses. She's a con artist ran by a sinister controller. Things go south when three of her victims, who she married as part of the con, track her down.
Inbar (for research purposes).

I just finished both seasons.....pretty good, season 1 was better. Are they doing a 3rd season?

I'm going to give The Expanse a shot now (as my treadmill show).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone watch Halt & Catch Fire? It has 4 seasons, it was an AMC show (now on Netflix).

Yes, I think we made it to season 3. Not a bad show if you have nothing else but it wouldn't be first on my list. Did you watch it?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I think we made it to season 3. Not a bad show if you have nothing else but it wouldn't be first on my list. Did you watch it?

No, I ended up watching Imposters. Just started The Expanse today. I may circle back. I like shows that have multiple seasons and they're hard to find now that I've watch most of the popular shows. Like I said earlier, I run about 5+ hours a week on a treadmill and I watch a show while I run, so I burn through 250+ hours of shows/year (give or take).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
No, I ended up watching Imposters. Just started The Expanse today. I may circle back. I like shows that have multiple seasons and they're hard to find now that I've watch most of the popular shows. Like I said earlier, I run about 5+ hours a week on a treadmill and I watch a show while I run, so I burn through 250+ hours of shows/year (give or take).

Have you watched Justified? Six seasons and one of my favorites

MV5BMTgzNjQ4NjM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ4OTEzNw@@._V1_.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
He was really good in Deadwood, a western on hbo

I’ve heard that but fell asleep in the first episode and never went back. Maybe it’s time to try again. Timothy Oliphant does best (IMO) in the US Marshall/cowboy type roles. Saw him in a few other things and didn’t like him as much.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have you tried Chuck? Funny show - 5 seasons

action/comedy/spy/drama

No, I'll take a look (I just googled it, it's on Amazon). I'll add this one to the list. I watched episode one of The Expanse today, I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it sticks. There are quite a few actors I recognize from other work, so that's a good start (for me, at least - I'm always saying (or thinking), "That dude was in Ozark..." or whatever show I recognize them from).

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I’ve heard that but fell asleep in the first episode and never went back. Maybe it’s time to try again. Timothy Oliphant does best (IMO) in the US Marshall/cowboy type roles. Saw him in a few other things and didn’t like him as much.
It was a bit implausible to believe him as a terrorist who wanted to rob the entire US government (Die Hard)

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Have you watched Justified? Six seasons and one of my favorites

MV5BMTgzNjQ4NjM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ4OTEzNw@@._V1_.jpg
One of the most underrated shows in the history of television. I love Walton Goggins as an actor, he’s great in everything he is in.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
One of the most underrated shows in the history of television. I love Walton Goggins as an actor, he’s great in everything he is in.

I had to look him up but Boyd was a fantastic character. This was one of those shows that I mourned the loss of not watching anymore when it was over. Very few shows hold my attention to the bitter end.

tumblr_inline_p35gywbrOj1s7fx81_500.gifv

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I didn’t go through all 16 pages, slevin’s long winded descriptions were a little much to slog through, but I have a few if no one has mentioned them.

Yellowstone is a great show. I just started season 2.

CD mentioned Justified, also a fantastic series.

You - On Netflix. Really creepy stalker type thriller. Two seasons so far.

Nurse Jackie- Showtime on demand.

My guilty pleasure shows are 90 Day Fiancé(and all of its spin-offs), and Love After Lockup.

The wife and I record these and watch them the day after they air.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I had to look him up but Boyd was a fantastic character. This was one of those shows that I mourned the loss of not watching anymore when it was over. Very few shows hold my attention to the bitter end.

tumblr_inline_p35gywbrOj1s7fx81_500.gifv
“I’ve been accused of a lot of things, inarticulate ain’t one of em”

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
“I’ve been accused of a lot of things, inarticulate ain’t one of em”

"I am the outlaw. This is my world. And my world has a high cost of living."

This is all supposed to be filmed in Harlan and Lexington KY. They aren't took far off with the depiction of Harlan.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely loved Deadwood. Rough language and pretty graphic but the characters were awesome. Ian McShane as the saloon owner was the best but so many great characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb